Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
04-11-2018, 15:21   #1
diceyreilly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 584
Transatlantic mobile boarding pass

Has anyone used the boarding pass on the app before. I’m sure its fine at security and at the gate as normal. But do pre clearance ask for it and will they accept it on the mobile app.

Thank you.
diceyreilly is offline  
Advertisement
04-11-2018, 17:42   #2
G_R
Mod
 
G_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dublin
Posts: 4,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by diceyreilly View Post
Has anyone used the boarding pass on the app before. I’m sure its fine at security and at the gate as normal. But do pre clearance ask for it and will they accept it on the mobile app.

Thank you.
If it's available to use then I'm sure it's fine. They disable the feature when the journey involves an airport that doesn't support it.
G_R is offline  
Thanks from:
04-11-2018, 18:18   #3
goingnowhere
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kildare/Dublin
Posts: 2,278
Aer Lingus will NOT issue a mobile boarding pass to/from the US

Online check in is fine
goingnowhere is offline  
04-11-2018, 18:45   #4
diceyreilly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by goingnowhere View Post
Aer Lingus will NOT issue a mobile boarding pass to/from the US

Online check in is fine
I checked in online via my phone, when i went back to the app the boarding pass was/is there.

Pre clearance don’t ask for it so I’m gonna use it.
diceyreilly is offline  
04-11-2018, 18:54   #5
trellheim
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,828
This has caused me issues in the past beware. I PDFd the boarding pass and used that on the mobile and some part of the chain can't remember where, refused it ad had to go back up to an AL desk to print the BP off . NO idea why. This was some time ago.
trellheim is offline  
Advertisement
04-11-2018, 19:01   #6
Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime
Registered User
 
Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Kopparberg, Sweden
Posts: 3,056
Did a trip very recently Dub to JFK with American airlines

Boarding pass on the app was no available at Dublin airport so had to collect at the kiosk going over but coming from JFK to Dublin they allowed the app.

Might have something to do with pre-clearance ? I'm not sure.
Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime is offline  
Thanks from:
04-11-2018, 19:31   #7
diceyreilly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime View Post
Did a trip very recently Dub to JFK with American airlines

Boarding pass on the app was no available at Dublin airport so had to collect at the kiosk going over but coming from JFK to Dublin they allowed the app.

Might have something to do with pre-clearance ? I'm not sure.
Grand. I may print it off so. Do you know if i can print one off at the kiosk even after checking in.

(i have the boarding pass on my app and wallet on iPhone)
diceyreilly is offline  
04-11-2018, 19:39   #8
Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime
Registered User
 
Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Kopparberg, Sweden
Posts: 3,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by diceyreilly View Post
Grand. I may print it off so. Do you know if i can print one off at the kiosk even after checking in.

(i have the boarding pass on my app and wallet on iPhone)
I checked in online myself. Couldn't get the online boarding pass on app after check in so I collected it at a check-in kiosk and selected to just print my boarding pass. That was with American so I don't know if it's different elsewhere, I imagine it's similar.

Check in desk kiosk to print of boarding pass at no cost !
Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime is offline  
Thanks from:
04-11-2018, 19:48   #9
diceyreilly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime View Post
I checked in online myself. Couldn't get the online boarding pass on app after check in so I collected it at a check-in kiosk and selected to just print my boarding pass. That was with American so I don't know if it's different elsewhere, I imagine it's similar.

Check in desk kiosk to print of boarding pass at no cost !
I’ll print it off anyway n use the app as much as i can n see what happens.

Nice one.
diceyreilly is offline  
Advertisement
04-11-2018, 21:18   #10
G_R
Mod
 
G_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dublin
Posts: 4,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by diceyreilly View Post
I’ll print it off anyway n use the app as much as i can n see what happens.

Nice one.
Let us know how you get on I'm curious now!
G_R is offline  
04-11-2018, 21:35   #11
site_owner
Registered User
 
site_owner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 483
Fairly sure you'll have to show your passport at the desk if flying transatlantic before you'll be issued a boarding pass
site_owner is offline  
13-11-2018, 14:42   #12
EdgeCase
Registered User
 
EdgeCase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 1,350
The only downside as when you've mobile tickets and your phone runs out of batteries! I had the issue with a train in France. I didn't realise that I had been charging on a socket that was dead on the TGV and when I went to board the Thalys to Belgium my phone was out of power. Ended up having to try and find a socket in a cafe which is easier said than done!
EdgeCase is online now  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet