Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-09-2018, 15:26   #61
Victor

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ace_ View Post
I get on the 39a Dublin bus at the ongar road, costs me 2.10 to shopping centre. Get off and walk past the plaza onto the n3 west bound slip road and get the bus eireann 105 to ashbourbe which is 7.50 return.
This http://www.busfare.co.uk/index1.html suggests the fares should be :
* €3.90 Adult single
* €6.90 Adult day return
* €32.50 Adult 10 journey

However, these may be last year's fares.

Quote:
Looking at this site, http://www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=234 - it seems clear enough that a red zone 2 weekly ticket
What is this ticket?

Quote:
ticket would cost me 39.50 but im only using the ashbourne return mon-fri which is 37.50 so its actually more to get the weekly leap than it would cost just buying the tickets daily.
The weekly tickets are somewhat priced for people heading to the city centre - on average a longer journey than you are making.

Quote:
Or will it be the case that if i buy that weekly red zone 2 ticket at 39.50 it will also cover my short dublin bus journey aswell as the bus eireann ashbourne journey?
Unless you buy a specific two-operator ticket, tickets are only valid on one operator. It may be worthwhile enquiring how much a Bus Éireann (red zone) + Dublin Bus (all services) ticket would be, if available.
Advertisement
10-09-2018, 04:32   #62
Vic_08

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ace_ View Post
Hi guys,

Im really trying to get my head around this.

Soni had a dublin bus and luas tax saver card for years with a former employer. Great and very handy.

Now im working in Ashbourne, living in castaheaney company dont do taxsaver.

I get on the 39a Dublin bus at the ongar road, costs me 2.10 to shopping centre. Get off and walk past the plaza onto the n3 west bound slip road and get the bus eireann 105 to ashbourbe which is 7.50 return.

So im trying to figure out how i can get use out of a leap card.

Looking at this site, http://www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=234 - it seems clear enough that a red zone 2 weekly ticket would cost me 39.50 but im only using the ashbourne return mon-fri which is 37.50 so its actually more to get the weekly leap than it would cost just buying the tickets daily.

Or will it be the case that if i buy that weekly red zone 2 ticket at 39.50 it will also cover my short dublin bus journey aswell as the bus eireann ashbourne journey?

If thats the case then im significantly saving as my total cost per week is 58.50 if using cash for both routes.
It will be cheapest to use leap singles for all the trips. €1.50 for the 39a and €3.01 for the 105.

It still comes to €9.02 per day, €45.10 per week.

Is Clonee within walking distance? You could cut out the 39a bit and just use the 105 from there instead.

The Bus Eireann zone tickets are not valid on Dublin Bus.
10-09-2018, 21:47   #63
AndrewJRenko

The Luas revenue checkers tell me that my Leap has 'expired' as it is 2011. They have to take a picture of their validator reading of my leap card, which is a fairly awkward thing to do, unless you have three hands.

The Leap folks tell me they can replace it, but it's not clear whether I'll be left without a working Leap card for a while. And then I have to add back the Dublin Bikes account myself, which is just a bit painful.

I think I'll stick with my own card for a while...
15-09-2018, 00:04   #64
AndrewJRenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalk View Post
Is the app completely unresponsive for anyone else lately?

Won't read card at all for me, can't top up and cant see balance, kinda makes the app redundant
Two different Leap cards on three different phones - and all I can get is this error. It worked fine for me earlier in the week.

Is anyone else having problems reading the card from your phone?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2018-09-14-23-57-08.jpg (213.3 KB, 59 views)
15-09-2018, 00:09   #65
Stephen15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJRenko View Post
The Luas revenue checkers tell me that my Leap has 'expired' as it is 2011. They have to take a picture of their validator reading of my leap card, which is a fairly awkward thing to do, unless you have three hands.

The Leap folks tell me they can replace it, but it's not clear whether I'll be left without a working Leap card for a while. And then I have to add back the Dublin Bikes account myself, which is just a bit painful.

I think I'll stick with my own card for a while...
Did they fine you?
Advertisement
15-09-2018, 00:14   #66
AndrewJRenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen15 View Post
Did they fine you?
No, my card is valid for travel - just something for their own system.
25-09-2018, 15:16   #67
Marmit3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalk View Post
Is the app completely unresponsive for anyone else lately?

Won't read card at all for me, can't top up and cant see balance, kinda makes the app redundant

I had this problem for the past week or two. Uninstalling the app and downloading it again fixed it for me.
Thanks from:
25-09-2018, 21:33   #68
happyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmit3 View Post
I had this problem for the past week or two. Uninstalling the app and downloading it again fixed it for me.
I can't get it to work either and I've tried updating it and uninstalling and reinstalling too.
26-09-2018, 09:19   #69
Sephiroth_dude
One Winged Angel

Was trying to top up my card using nfc and the and kept getting a 504 error, any ideas what this means?
Advertisement
27-09-2018, 00:31   #70
G_R
Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth_dude View Post
Was trying to top up my card using nfc and the and kept getting a 504 error, any ideas what this means?
The only effective solution to this I've seen is update the app, and if that doesn't work uninstall and reinstall, tho given previous comments that clearly hasn't worked for everyone!
(2) thanks from:
28-09-2018, 16:39   #71
Sephiroth_dude
One Winged Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_R View Post
The only effective solution to this I've seen is update the app, and if that doesn't work uninstall and reinstall, tho given previous comments that clearly hasn't worked for everyone!
Back working now again, I uninstall it and it didn't work the first time but then it worked the second time
15-10-2018, 10:14   #72
Aegir

Is there any way to get a 16-18 leapcard without visiting one of the validation centres?

it is absolutely bizarre that someone who uses their leapcard purely to travel to School in the Dun Laoghaire area has to go to either O'Connel street or the Red Cow to get a new card when they turn 16.
15-10-2018, 22:09   #73
Stephen15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegir View Post
Is there any way to get a 16-18 leapcard without visiting one of the validation centres?

it is absolutely bizarre that someone who uses their leapcard purely to travel to School in the Dun Laoghaire area has to go to either O'Connel street or the Red Cow to get a new card when they turn 16.
Tbh I see plenty of over 16s travelling on 5-15 year old leap cards
15-10-2018, 22:56   #74
L1011

They had to go there to get the scholar ID anyway on the old system I thought?

If they added another centre it'd probably be another city centre one really
16-10-2018, 09:31   #75
Aegir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen15 View Post
Tbh I see plenty of over 16s travelling on 5-15 year old leap cards
Which is what mine does at the moment. You do hear stories of kids being put off trains by inspectors because they don't believe their age though, which does worry me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1011 View Post
They had to go there to get the scholar ID anyway on the old system I thought?

If they added another centre it'd probably be another city centre one really
probably, but it seems a bit of a draconian way to go about it. I would have thought a train station would have been sufficient (although I guess not many of those are staffed any more) or even a post office.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion