Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-11-2018, 22:24   #91
markpb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
They should be able to do this every month. If they can't just get them to buy monthly tickets at the station.
A surprising number of companies feel the overhead of Taxsaver is too much and don’t support it at all or only allow employees to make purchases at fixed intervals throughout the year. I think, but could be wrong, that the HSE and lot of hospitals have this policy so it’s not a small company problem, it’s quite wide-ranging. I also think the NTA are aware of this and trying to change the process so it’s less of a burden on employers.
Advertisement
07-11-2018, 08:20   #92
chewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
They should be able to do this every month. If they can't just get them to buy monthly tickets at the station.
Not sure what you mean by "If they can't just get them to buy monthly tickets at the station."?
07-12-2018, 18:55   #93
The Black Oil

I haven't used the app before, so downloaded it. Phone has Android 8.0 and NFC. Wouldn't read the card at all. Restarted the phone, uninstalled/reinstalled. Spent an hour on hold on the phone only to be told to leave a message.
07-12-2018, 19:02   #94
AndrewJRenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Oil View Post
I haven't used the app before, so downloaded it. Phone has Android 8.0 and NFC. Wouldn't read the card at all. Restarted the phone, uninstalled/reinstalled. Spent an hour on hold on the phone only to be told to leave a message.
Check your phone settings to make sure your NFC reader is switched on
07-12-2018, 19:13   #95
The Black Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJRenko View Post
Check your phone settings to make sure your NFC reader is switched on
Tag reader and NFC both on. Does nothing. I use Google Pay, so I dunno what the story is with Leap. It just sits there 'hold your Leap Card to your phone' and does nothing.
Advertisement
07-12-2018, 21:44   #96
Dravokivich

It can be fairly finicky. The card needs to be right by the chip. The card slides, it loses connection. I also don't think Google pay can be used to pay? I've only ever been prompted with card details to pay with. It doesnt use the nfc chip as a payment method, just to update the card after you've purchased something.
Thanks from:
11-12-2018, 15:58   #97
ED E

Quote:
Tag reader and NFC both on. Does nothing. I use Google Pay, so I dunno what the story is with Leap. It just sits there 'hold your Leap Card to your phone' and does nothing.
Most LG units seem to not support Mifare Classic but do support Ultralight. It may not be able to see the Mifare Desfire EV1 class chip in leaps. Or try Dravokivich's suggestion, passive cards vs emulated cards may be slightly harder to read.
Thanks from:
11-12-2018, 17:50   #98
Alun

On my phone, a Google Pixel with Android 9.0, if I take my Leap Card and hold it against the back of the phone without opening the app first, the app starts automatically but then refuses to read the card. I have to take the card away and present it again. If I start the app manually and then present the card it works OK, but as others have said it can be a bit finnicky and you have to keep the card quite still. If it moves even slightly during the reading process it fails.

Try downloading an NFC tag info app such as https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...xp.taginfolite and see if that works.

Last edited by Alun; 11-12-2018 at 17:59.
Thanks from:
11-12-2018, 21:37   #99
L1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by markpb View Post
A surprising number of companies feel the overhead of Taxsaver is too much and don’t support it at all or only allow employees to make purchases at fixed intervals throughout the year. I think, but could be wrong, that the HSE and lot of hospitals have this policy so it’s not a small company problem, it’s quite wide-ranging. I also think the NTA are aware of this and trying to change the process so it’s less of a burden on employers.
The most common restriction I've seen is only offering January-December annual purchases. Last employer did that, current one has no such issues and actually has nobody else who runs January-December at all apparently - I bought out the remainder of my ticket when I left so it expires December.
Advertisement
12-12-2018, 08:10   #100
The Black Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alun View Post
On my phone, a Google Pixel with Android 9.0, if I take my Leap Card and hold it against the back of the phone without opening the app first, the app starts automatically but then refuses to read the card. I have to take the card away and present it again. If I start the app manually and then present the card it works OK, but as others have said it can be a bit finnicky and you have to keep the card quite still. If it moves even slightly during the reading process it fails.

Try downloading an NFC tag info app such as https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...xp.taginfolite and see if that works.
I got working eventually the other evening, holding it near the camera. Disappointing that the app doesn't store the card. I'm on my second bus this morning and it won't read it. Trying the above re without opening the app first, it requests location services. Perhaps being on mobile data doesn't help. Leap never returned my call.
12-12-2018, 08:54   #101
G_R
Mod

Quote:
I got working eventually the other evening, holding it near the camera. Disappointing that the app doesn't store the card. I'm on my second bus this morning and it won't read it. Trying the above re without opening the app first, it requests location services. Perhaps being on mobile data doesn't help. Leap never returned my call.
Storing the leap card is not going to help at all, as the app will need to connect with the card to write the top up/ticket to the card
12-12-2018, 09:20   #102
The Black Oil

I tried it on a flat surface, a desk. Nothing. I'll try it on Wi-Fi later. The NXP app works.
12-12-2018, 22:18   #103
The Black Oil

Read the card straight away on wifi.
21-12-2018, 09:44   #104
Cloudio9

Anyone know where to find my annual ticket number ?
21-12-2018, 14:28   #105
AndrewJRenko

What are the hours around the daily cap? If I'm coming home on the last Luas at 12.30am, having hit my cap earlier that day (technically, the previous day), do I have to pay?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion