Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ryanair queries

• 16-09-2019 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Just got off the phone with a Ryanair "customer service" person and I actually think my blood pressure is gone through the roof. :mad:
    Apparently,they only have 4 mins to deal with each person and then they hang up on you!
    I had a few questions and was basically told, sorry, Times up!!
    So, any and all help is welcome. Apologies for the long post.
    Flying next week, Cork to Faro. Husband has a CPAP machine for sleep apnoea and also medication (tablets, not syringes) for diabetes. The person on the phone said I have to enter the make and model of the CPAP into the Ryanair website, but couldn't tell me where on site to do this. I have a letter from his doctor to say that he needs the machine and he's using the CPAP as his second piece of onboard luggage (priority booking), so not travelling as special medical equipment. He's never had to do this before, but we haven't flown Ryanair in years. She did say there's no issue with bringing his medication on board. He never checks in his CPAP, it always travels with him and we've never had an issue at Cork with this. But I'm panicking now that if I don't have the details pre submitted, that he won't be able to bring it, and that means no holiday. Anyone had any experience with Ryanair and this?
    Secondly, when I go to the dashboard setting on the Ryanair website, the section headed "Profile Checklist" has 2 ticks next to Key Details and Phone number, but an x next to Travel documents.
    I've entered both our Passport Details but Document Number is highlighted in red for both of us, and I've double checked that the number is right. Is this normal, it does say to make sure that Passport details are entered before you can fly, but is there something I'm doing wrong or is there some other piece of information I need?
    I only picked booked the flights with Ryanair because the times suited me better. Back to Aer Lingus after this I think.
    If anyone can help that would be great, if not I'll have to ring them back again, set my stopwatch and hope for the best.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,655 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Recliner wrote: »
    Just got off the phone with a Ryanair "customer service" person and I actually think my blood pressure is gone through the roof. :mad:
    Apparently,they only have 4 mins to deal with each person and then they hang up on you!
    I had a few questions and was basically told, sorry, Times up!!
    So, any and all help is welcome. Apologies for the long post.
    Flying next week, Cork to Faro. Husband has a CPAP machine for sleep apnoea and also medication (tablets, not syringes) for diabetes. The person on the phone said I have to enter the make and model of the CPAP into the Ryanair website, but couldn't tell me where on site to do this. I have a letter from his doctor to say that he needs the machine and he's using the CPAP as his second piece of onboard luggage (priority booking), so not travelling as special medical equipment. He's never had to do this before, but we haven't flown Ryanair in years. She did say there's no issue with bringing his medication on board. He never checks in his CPAP, it always travels with him and we've never had an issue at Cork with this. But I'm panicking now that if I don't have the details pre submitted, that he won't be able to bring it, and that means no holiday. Anyone had any experience with Ryanair and this?
    Secondly, when I go to the dashboard setting on the Ryanair website, the section headed "Profile Checklist" has 2 ticks next to Key Details and Phone number, but an x next to Travel documents.
    I've entered both our Passport Details but Document Number is highlighted in red for both of us, and I've double checked that the number is right. Is this normal, it does say to make sure that Passport details are entered before you can fly, but is there something I'm doing wrong or is there some other piece of information I need?
    I only picked booked the flights with Ryanair because the times suited me better. Back to Aer Lingus after this I think.
    If anyone can help that would be great, if not I'll have to ring them back again, set my stopwatch and hope for the best.

Sorry what’s the issue ?
    You want to bring an electronic device. That fine. Ryanair have no interest in looking in bags.
    You are making an issue out of nothing.

https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful-info/special-assistance/the-carriage-of-medical-equipment

^^^ you could get a waiver that excludes it as part of carry on. Giving you an extra

As for travel docs, down load the app, delete them and add them again

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Recliner

ted1 wrote: »
    Sorry what’s the issue ?
    You want to bring an electronic device. That fine. Ryanair have no interest in looking in bags.
    You are making an issue out of nothing.

https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful-info/special-assistance/the-carriage-of-medical-equipment

^^^ you could get a waiver that excludes it as part of carry on. Giving you an extra

As for travel docs, down load the app, delete them and add them again

Well, aren't you just a ray of sunshine!!!

Advertisement