Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Split

Options
  • 12-09-2019 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,967 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody been to Split? We're thinking of heading there for a few days.

Any recommendations/warnings/go/don't go, etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Senature

Trogir is a lovely medieval town that is actually closer to Split Airport than Split, you could spend a day there wandering the narrow streets, there's plenty of restaurants, cafe's and bars.

Ciovo Island would be worth a visit if you're there when the weather's good, mightn't be worth it if not.

The old town of Split itself is nice for a wander. For me I spent an afternoon there and while I enjoyed it, that was long enough for me.

You can get boats to and from all of the above, but I never did so don't have much info on that.

Overall I think Croatia is a fantastic place to visit, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Take the ferry over to Hvar for a night at the least. It's a paradise island imho.

Advertisement