Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doors on integrated Fridge/Freezer

Options
  • 02-09-2019 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Currently have 1770mm high integrated larder fridge. It has a fixed hinge fitting. The cabinet door is made up of on 1060mm and one 900mm door 'fixed' together. These doors/door match the rest of my kitchen cupboards. This door range is now discontinued. I want to replace larder fridge with a 70/30 fridge freezer. The two existing doors are the wrong size for the 70/30 configuration.

Does anyone know if it is possible to use the existing joined 'single' door and have it fixed to the larger 70% door of the fridge only. Thus leaving the freezer door with no cabinet door cover. (I know this would mean that when I open the fridge I would see the unfinished but closed front of the freezer door.)

Just running through my options. And if anyone else has any other suggestions, please share!! This is driving me crazy. Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Do you specifically want a 70:30?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Katzi

Ideally.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Would you maybe just get an integrated under counter freezer and keep the fridge?

You can do as you planned in the original post of course, that would drive me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Katzi

The fridge is dying and the space involved is unsuitable for a freestanding fridge. So my easy options are to get 50/50 fridge freezer (fridge too small) or another large larder fridge (fridge too big). Both of these allow me use existing door. But both unsuitable.

Goldilocks situation!!

The existing kitchen door style is still available but in a different colour. So my fall back position is to get new doors in the correct size for 70/30 and paint them to match the existing kitchen doors.

Advertisement