Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New oven

Options
  • 19-08-2019 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭

We need a new oven.
    We have a built in electric oven. It's Whirlpool and the start button isn't working.
    I've been looking at specs and they all seem to be in and around the same size. Are they one size fits all type of thing?
    Are they easy enough to install? Or am I better off going for the delivery & installation option? They then take away the old appliance too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,345 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Whether or not you purchase the installation option, they are obliged to take away the old oven if it's ready to go i.e. pulled out of the slot and the wiring disconnected. If you unpack the new one the minute it's delivered, they also have to take away the packaging.

Built-in single ovens are all the same size (the slot is 60 cms wide) and the wiring is no more complicated than wiring a three-pin plug - earth, live and neutral. Just be sure to flp the isolator switch on the wall. Your hob (electric or gas) is probably also wired into the same point, a gas hob needs an electric feed for the spark.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ShauntaMetzel

Why don't you consider countertop oven? I am using Tower T14012 23 L Mini.

Advertisement