Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I Being Unreasonable??

Options
  • 25-04-2011 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi All:D
    I just wanted advice from everyone who could take a minute to have a look at my house here http://www.mccauleyproperties.com/APT609.htm

Do you think I'm being unreasonable as regards the price? I don't really think so because for what is on offer I think it's priced right even the way the market is at the minute.But maybe it's my rose tinted glasses. That's why I'd like you guy's to maybe have a quick look and offer your advices? Looking to sell this as we are emigrating and renting it out isn't really an option.
    Cheers Everyone:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

my advice would be to use adverts.ie rather than boards.ie to promote your house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 baz6679

kwalshe wrote: »
    my advice would be to use adverts.ie rather than boards.ie to promote your house

I'm only asking for advice?? Sorry if it seems like promoting it. It's easier for people to see it and then make a judgement rather than just saying 4 bed house in Donegal. If I post the link at least people can see it for what it is and then comment if they think I'm being unreasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 9,774 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

The issue isn't really whether you are being unreasonable. It could be that that is what the property is worth to you. However, it may well be that no one is willing to pay that much.

This is very common in the market, all over the country. The lowest price a seller is prepared to accept is higher than the highest price a buyer is willing to pay. There is really almost no market in property as a result.

If you really need to sell, you need to find someone who is willing to buy it and figure out how much they are prepared to pay. That price might be unreasonably low. But there is no real alternative if you really want to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭pooch90

That price seems good especially for a detached house on the guts of an acre of land. I don't know anything about the area though. If i was in the right area and had the cash I'd definitely be interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

A house similar to yours MIGHT get that price if it was within 5 miles of Letterkenny, but not in Gleneely.
    What market is there in Inishowen? There may have been a few years ago with the influx of NI people, but not anymore.
    The house isn't selling because its not nice, it looks like a lovely family home, but its far too expensive for its location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 im a believer

no i dont think its unreasonable, its a beautiful house at a good price.problem lies with people getting money!if i was in any position to buy i would! best of luck with sale.

Advertisement