Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should I clean or can I apply primer

• 25-08-2019 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi,
    Discovered this old coal bunker buried in the house a few years ago during a building and redecoration period but I've done nothing with it since. Plan is to get some shelving in for extra storage but should I try clean down the walls of is there a good primer I could apply before painting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭simo28

couple more pics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

Get a bottle of sugar soap even in the local euro shop you can get it,
    Mix with hot water as directed and wash the walls,
    It's a de-greaser and cleaning agent it will make the walls clean and slightly sticky ready for paint,
    Doing this will best prevent the new paint from flaking in spots,

Leave it for a day to dry after the sugar soap unless the weather is like today then 12hr would be enough

LenWoods wrote: »
    Get a bottle of sugar soap even in the local euro shop you can get it,
    Mix with hot water as directed and wash the walls,
    It's a de-greaser and cleaning agent it will make the walls clean and slightly sticky ready for paint,
    Doing this will best prevent the new paint from flaking in spots,

Leave it for a day to dry after the sugar soap unless the weather is like today then 12hr would be enough

Thanks Len, my job for tomorrow

Hi,
    How did the prep and paint process go?
    Have you noticed better application of the paint having cleaned the area using the sugar soap solution.

LenWoods wrote: »
    Hi,
    How did the prep and paint process go?
    Have you noticed better application of the paint having cleaned the area using the sugar soap solution.

Hi,

I've two young kids and it takes nothing for me to lose all the plans I make for a day which is very annoying. I will let you know when I do get to it though. Hopefully next Saturday. Hopefully....

• Advertisement

simo28 wrote: »
    Hi,

I've two young kids and it takes nothing for me to lose all the plans I make for a day which is very annoying. I will let you know when I do get to it though. Hopefully next Saturday. Hopefully....

I have three myself; the struggle is real lol

Advertisement