Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAZE 2019 Film Festival

Options
  • 30-07-2019 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭

The GAZE 2019 film festival is on this weekend in the lighthouse cinema in Dublin.
    www.gaze.ie

Anyone planning on going along.

Saw the brochure the other day.

There are some movies that look good,some not so much, maybe that should be some that appeal to me and some that don't!

With any film festival you're trying to put in variety as an ingredient but quality has to be there as well.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,403 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

I hope it's successful but the schedule this year isn't as engaging as last year, in my opinion anyway.

I do see one movie I'd like to go to, on the Sunday. From the trailer Consequences looks very well made so I'll decide tomorrow if I can make that one.

Still pissed that I missed Mario last year, by the time I got myself organized it was sold out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

I hope it's successful but the schedule this year isn't as engaging as last year, in my opinion anyway.

I do see one movie I'd like to go to, on the Sunday. From the trailer Consequences looks very well made so I'll decide tomorrow if I can make that one.

Still pissed that I missed Mario last year, by the time I got myself organized it was sold out :(

That's the fear with film festivals, they only show everything once.
    It is possible to book tickets though.

I think I saw Mario in the movie shop in the IFI.

There is a mix of countries of production in the festival this year, 3 from Argentina and one from Colombia added to the mix for example.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Saw the short Irish films this evening as part of GAZE in the Light House.

Packed house and some of the actors, writers, producers and directors were in attendance. A couple of the shorts were superb and each received an applause from the audience.

Advertisement