Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop recommendation

Options
  • 19-01-2021 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

What we d be using it for would be mainly browsing, word/excel(so windows) maybe some sketchup/simple CAD. No gaming allowed as theres a PS4 in the house.

We have a 4 & 8 yr old and would want to get the 8 yr old used to typing too. So a robust keyboard would be useful.

I used to be be up to speed with hardware but thats 10yrs ago now. I would prefer to buy or built a PC but space is limited. So a laptop with upgradable parts/removable parts and maybe even a dedicated graphics card would be nice, if these things still exist.

So 8GB and 256SSD minimum i guess

Price range, well 500 +/- 200. (In laws want to buy one for us so hard to say how much)

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement