Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Fire Tablet - Google Playstore Access

Options
  • 27-02-2020 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi

I have an Amazon Fire 7 (9th Generation) Tablet. My issue is that it is limited in the Apps that can be installed from its Appstore.

I have successfully installed the Google Playstore on it which would allow me access to a lot more Apps.

My issue is that when I open the Google Playstore it keeps searching for Account info and never gets to the option to allow you to enter in your Account information.

I have being able to get Development mode up on the Tablet but am not able to get the Playstore to work.

Any suggestions would be greatly received.

Regards

Colm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cyril42

colmtowey wrote: »
    Hi

I have an Amazon Fire 7 (9th Generation) Tablet. My issue is that it is limited in the Apps that can be installed from its Appstore.

I have successfully installed the Google Playstore on it which would allow me access to a lot more Apps.

My issue is that when I open the Google Playstore it keeps searching for Account info and never gets to the option to allow you to enter in your Account information.

I have being able to get Development mode up on the Tablet but am not able to get the Playstore to work.

Any suggestions would be greatly received.

Regards

Colm

You can side load the playstore onto the fire tablet, I done it on mine. Google it there is plenty of advice there showing how it's done

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Are you not able to add an account for Google in the settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cyril42

There is an app on the Amazon app store for search engine for Google, which has apps for Gmail YouTube Google maps etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

This is what i used, PC/Laptop needed with USB cable to fire tablet.

Very simple process.

Advertisement