Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Women have a right to be topless"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

pablo128 wrote: »
    Why would a woman wear a push up bra? To make them look fuller, to increase their attractiveness. Why would they do that if there's nothing special about womens breasts?

That doesn't answer my question.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

So mothers with children who most likely had their little darling firmly latched onto the tit in the recent past complain about their little darling seeing another tit? The Guards are the tits in this case. Should have told the complainers to fug off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Any chance we could achieve parity here by just banning men being topless. It's never a diet coke advert model it's some fat skanger with 'Made in Limerick' tattooed around his belly button.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Why would a woman wear a push up bra? To make them look fuller, to increase their attractiveness. Why would they do that if there's nothing special about womens breasts?

Why do women do up their hair, apply make-up, wear fancy clothes, wear heels/boots etc? Is it not to highlight the beauty of these parts of their body and/or make those parts of their body more attractive? Are you saying that all these body parts should be kept hidden as well and that women should be ashamed for having/showing them?

What about men?

I guess the burka is the only way to go...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Any chance we could achieve parity here by just banning men being topless. It's never a diet coke advert model it's some fat skanger with 'Made in Limerick' tattooed around his belly button.

I like getting my keg out ,

Can't be arsed with a 6 pack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

eviltwin wrote: »
    What's so special about a breast that it shouldn't be seen in public?

You could say the same about a cock and balls. Why do we even need clothes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭hognef

Gatling wrote: »
    We've been to clothes optional beaches in Denmark during last summer have to say it was no big issues even with 2 kids 4 and 7 ,
    Even at a shop away from the beach you had women in there 60s to 12 waking around topless while shopping didn't think it was a big deal ,
    Here for whatever reason it's still considered a major taboo

Pictures and video from the annual nude race at the Roskilde (Denmark) festival (NSFW, I guess):
    http://ekstrabladet.dk/roskilde/nyheder/dinglende-dillere-og-bare-bryster-se-billederne-fra-aarets-noegenloeb/6165712

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Why does anyone wear any item of clothing that accentuates (or creates) a desired outline? Barring genitalia, every other part of the body can be accentuated to make it more attractive yet can still be bared if the person wants to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Did she eventually put her Knocker Stockings back on?

I'll get me coat....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

dotsman wrote: »
    Why do women do up their hair, apply make-up, wear fancy clothes, wear heels/boots etc? Is it not to highlight the beauty of these parts of their body and/or make those parts of their body more attractive? Are you saying that all these body parts should be kept hidden as well and that women should be ashamed for having/showing them?

What about men?

I guess the burka is the only way to go...

I'm not the one who said womens breasts are nothing special. And show me where I said they should be hidden.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

It'd be cold otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    It'd be cold otherwise.

And quite floppy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭TSMGUY

dotsman wrote: »
    Agreed, it is completely wrong, but it is unfortunately how things are in this country.

I'm not really a "blame" person. "Blame" never solves the problem. To me, solving the problem is standing by and encouraging those trying to address it. in this case, I stand with the girl in question. And had I been present, I would have have stood with her (and left the festival with her).
    I think blaming does solve the problem. We have to stop indulging these vociferous fascists who want to impose their worldview on everyone else. Supporting individual cases is grand but we need to change our thinking on a large-scale basis. These "discussions" about social issues in newspapers invariably give the most airtime to the most extreme sides and ignore the sensible option.

endacl wrote: »
    And quite floppy.

I would also need to trim more often. Never mind the morto of ginger pubes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Hey if guys want to have their knobs out I won't object. Still doesn't answer my question though

• Advertisement

I would also need to trim more often. Never mind the morto of ginger pubes.
    That's a mental image I could do without!

TSMGUY wrote: »
    That's a mental image I could do without!

It's in there now. Let it fester mwah ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Topless women leave nothing to the imagination

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

I'm not the one who said womens breasts are nothing special.
    Precisely. That is why I made my point. Because, ultimately, they are not. They can be very beautiful, just like a woman's face/neck/arms/legs/feet. But many western countries, over the centuries, have created a huge, unhealthy taboo regarding the female breast. Thus, a woman's other beautiful body parts* can be shown in public without shame, but her breasts are a big no-no, just because.
    And show me where I said they should be hidden.
    Um, this whole thread is about a woman being publicly humiliated by gardai, removed from a festival, and threatened with arrest, because she refused to keep hers hidden.

*The genitalia and ass are taboo for both males and females. But that's for another thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

eviltwin wrote: »
    Whoever called gardai on her are the fcuking twats tits.

FYP ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

Discodog wrote: »
    Apparently it was women with children that complained.
    It always is.
    Because men and women are different
    That doesn't necessitate that the exposure of their nipples be treated any differently.

Pathetic, puritanical nonsense. Sometimes I have to remind myself that I live in 21st century, because it certainly doesn't feel like it a lot of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

This one is about women not being allowed to be topless. Which is a pretty important issue for some. I don't really care too much about terrorist attacks and other such crap. So I stay away from those threads, and if I do post in them, I attempt to do so constructively. Breasts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Naked pride march tonight lads :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Rules can and do change.

You mean "Are there not....." for starters. Secondly, this thread is about THIS issue. If you don't want discussion on the topic the thread is about, leave the thread. Thirdly, nobody's wringing their hands and shouting "OMG oppression." If it's anything it's puritans from your camp who are the frantic ones. It's just silly how afraid people are of what's essentially a pair of overgrown nipples.

Umm..... I think I'll pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Umm..... I think I'll pass.

Ladies welcome too :D

New account, 9 posts all very agressive, something tells me your time here will be short.
    Something tells me "she's" been here before.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

All for it myself, just a little worried.

Too much of a good thing might diminish my appreciation.

HensVassal wrote: »
    All for it myself, just a little worried.

Too much of a good thing might diminish my appreciation.
    Well not everyone who walks around topless will be a Victoria's Secret model, there'll be a lot of portly old women's funbags in your face too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Not really, cock/balls and labia/vagina etc are all primary sexual organs.
    Nipples and/or breasts are secondary sexual organs, in definition, and the fact males can display theirs and women not, shows how unfair it is.

If the weather was not nipple frost bite inducing here so much I would go topless (in the appropriate settings, eg. beaches/parks etc).

So no, a cock is not the same as nipples with some fat behind them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Comparing Knockanstockan to Woodstock, she was definitely on drugs.
    I doubt she continued her protest on Monday in the office or wherever.
    Put on yer top ya want to be hippy, nobody gives a ****e.:rolleyes:

A load of lads walking around with tiny willies?
    Nah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

It's in there now. Let it fester mwah ha ha

Your sex talk leaves a lot to be desired :eek:

(Or be repulsed by)

A load of lads walking around with tiny willies?
    Nah.

Would you prefer to see a load of big ones?:eek:

Would you prefer to see a load of big ones?:eek:

I am Bam Bam Mickey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

She's like the Rosa Parks for tits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Question for those that think its completely fine and should be allowed in nearly all contexts

If its legal and normal, presumably photography and distribution of images without consent can't be viewed as a gross invasion of privacy or anything else because it is 'normal'?

Not for perving purposes!!!! Pointing out how if you view it as normal a whole unintended set of consequences apply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

Women have rights to be topless in my bedroom.

• Advertisement

Women have rights to be topless in my bedroom.

Let me guess they never exercised that right.

Let me guess they never exercised that right.

wbat a burn!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

She's like the Rosa Parks for tits.

Don't tell me she got them out on the bus as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

I agree. Come on ladies, fight the power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

It was at kockenstoken. The most drugged fueled festival I have ever been to!.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭35cent

As a man, I wouldn't mind seeing topless women in public. I'll take the sacrifice for equality. It'll be hard but I'll find a way to manage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,982 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Gets them out for the lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

35cent wrote: »
    As a man, I wouldn't mind seeing topless women in public. I'll take the sacrifice for equality. It'll be hard but I'll find a way to manage.

That's the funny thing. They'll get the law changed, then not one of them will want to go about topless because 'shur durty old men would only be looking'.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

What a yawn fest. She can bloody well bore off. We never even found out if her boobs looked well au natural or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

What a yawn fest. She can bloody well bore off. We never even found out if her boobs looked well au natural or not.

Dunno if you can make it out in this pic. https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXifo1t46UlIszF5wGn88i8i72lypsrOCxg4O5tb4BDGzhOIlz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

That's the funny thing. They'll get the law changed, then not one of them will want to go about topless because 'shur durty old men would only be looking'.
    :D

It's funny because it's true. I wouldn't mind going topless except for the attention it would bring. I don't mind stares from anyone, but you know you'd get comments (good and bad)/sneaky people trying to snap pictures. Especially in that interim period where it would have been recently legalized but still uncommon/socially taboo enough to be a novelty.

And of course people would then say, "Well what did you expect for getting your tits out?"

• Advertisement
Advertisement