Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Would ya" and "I'd do her"

Options
  • 30-01-2009 6:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭

As I started a thread on here about women being a 'tad' irrational sometimes :D I thought I'd come back with one for the men.

There is one thing that makes me think men are absolutely nuts. The 'would ya' and the 'I'd do her' phenomenon.

Here's the scenario: two or more men are together and they're looking at a picture of a stunningly gorgeous celebrity, one will turn to the other and go 'Would ya?' The other one will cast an eye over a woman about twenty times better looking than him, as if weighing up her chance of being with him, and go 'I'd do her'.

I've heard this way too many times to count.

Girls do you ever just feel like shouting, "YOU F*CKING WISH!!!!"

Men are ye nuts or deluded or what? Imagine a woman going to another woman, "Here, would you do George Clooney?", "Ah I dunno if he'd get a chance like" :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Men can look like a builders arse and get a woman if they are charming and/or wealthy.

A woman?

She'd have to be damn wealthy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

OP I wouldn't touch you with Brian Cowens tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Deluded about what?
    They don't think they have a chance. The whole point is that if you had a chance, would you? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Fizman wrote: »
    OP I wouldn't touch you with Brian Cowens tbh.

Hey what you want to do with Brian Cowen in your own time...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,668 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Men don't think with their heads ! A lot of the talk about women is more to do with boredom at work than genuine lust for the woman in question !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Deluded about what?
    They don't think they have a chance. The whole point is that if you had a chance, would you? :confused:

Think the implication is that if you were ACTUALLY given the chance to do a celeb there's a 0.001% chance you wouldn't..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭SAVE_ME.222

As I started a thread on here about women being a 'tad' irrational sometimes :D I thought I'd come back with one for the men.

There is one thing that makes me think men are absolutely nuts. The 'would ya' and the 'I'd do her' phenomenon.

Here's the scenario: two or more men are together and they're looking at a picture of a stunningly gorgeous celebrity, one will turn to the other and go 'Would ya?' The other one will cast an eye over a woman about twenty times better looking than him, as if weighing up her chance of being with him, and go 'I'd do her'.

Men are ye nuts or deluded or what? Imagine a woman going to another woman, "Here, would you do George Clooney?", "Ah I dunno if he'd get a chance like" :D

Try these - http://www.always-info.co.uk/product_6.html

liah wrote: »
    Think the implication is that if you were ACTUALLY given the chance to do a celeb there's a 0.001% chance you wouldn't..

Slight generalisation there. There are MANY 'celebs' I wouldn't go near. That Biancha one from Eastenders. I wouldn't touch her if I had a box of willys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Leg it, lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Girls do this even if someones tryin to say hello (as stated in numerous threads here).

According to scientific research it is known as the b!tch gene.Not all women have it but those that do seem oblivious to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

She'd get it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Feistiness.

Prob would.

Here's another one. If you're out and sitting with a large group, one man will turn to another and go 'WOULD YA' and nod with the subtley of a ten ton truck at a girl in the group, and giggle to themselves.

men...bonkers the lot of 'em!

stovelid wrote: »

Ah now I wouldn't go as far as calling yourself a bunny boiler. Don't be so hard on yourself! you're a bit nuts like but sure you can't help that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

This is what modern culture has arrived at-we put random people on TV so we can judge whether or not we would give them one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

Four Percent:

Hos before Bros.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,855 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Would I? I'd f*cking ruin that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭chalad07

midlandmissus lads - would ya??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Men don't think with their heads !

Speak for your own gender. It's like talking to a hormone a few days in a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Fizman wrote: »
    Slight generalisation there. There are MANY 'celebs' I wouldn't go near. That Biancha one from Eastenders. I wouldn't touch her if I had a box of willys.

Yeah, you'd probably be too busy playing with your box of willys. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Its not about whether you actually have a hope, its whether given the chance...so not only are you missing the point completely, the notion you've taken up has pissed you off. Classic. :D And you say men are bonkers?

For the record, I wouldn't.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

On a scale of 0 to 2 - would ya give her one? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Yes OP, because attractiveness is universally quantifiable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I'd break the ****in bed with ya...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Here's another one. If you're out and sitting with a large group, one man will turn to another and go 'WOULD YA' and nod with the subtley of a ten ton truck at a girl in the group, and giggle to themselves.

men...bonkers the lot of 'em!

There you go. That's why, it's a good laugh. Ive often had the "In a game of would ya, would ya" with one of the lads infront of a chick just to see the reaction. :D It's harmless fun.

Also it's a lot better than the chick that thinks that if I guy says hello to her at the bar he wants to get in her knickers and develops the bitch complex or testing whether the guy has "walking ATM" complex. (Note: This does not apply to all chicks, put them claws away ;) )

Yeah, you'd probably be too busy playing with your box of willys. :P

Fact! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

ShooterSF wrote: »
    There you go. That's why, it's a good laugh. Ive often had the "In a game of would ya, would ya" with one of the lads infront of a chick just to see the reaction. :D It's harmless fun.

Also it's a lot better than the chick that thinks that if I guy says hello to her at the bar he wants to get in her knickers and develops the bitch complex or testing whether the guy has "walking ATM" complex. (Note: This does not apply to all chicks, put them claws away ;) )

Its called the Beyonce complex ;) You can prevent becoming a victim of this by never ever paying for womans drink - they're independent women mmmmhhhmm, so if they can pay their own bills they can most certainly buy their own drink as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,049 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Us men are damn good... at wishful thinking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Of course it's just a male characteristic.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055192287

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Advertisement