Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Would ya" and "I'd do her"

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Yeah, but a lot of people seem unwilling to acknowledge that checking out happens. ^^

Haha, yeah, and others like to believe that if you're going out with somebody you're magically not attracted to any other person! :eek:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

K-9 wrote: »
    Have to say, contrary to popular myth, Depp couldn't be bashed.

Jaysus, he has improved since the jump street? thingy!

Depp is god.

That is all. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Jaysus yeah and the other one (not Grainne) is hotter.

When she wears them low tops with the bow at the bottom of the breasts................................................

PS. Single too.

No way the younger sister is way too needy. Way too into becoming "a star".

Grainne is on a steady downward slope, but she'd still be good for the ride for a year or two yet.

PS. Claim to fame No. 202... I know a guy who performed "special exercises" with both Grainne, and Gillian Whatshername (ie the better looking blonde one who started with her in the newsroom when TnaG opened).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Stky10 wrote: »
    No way the younger sister is way too needy. Way too into becoming "a star".

Grainne is on a steady downward slope, but she'd still be good for the ride for a year or two yet.

PS. Claim to fame No. 202... I know a guy who performed "special exercises" with both Grainne, and Gillian Whatshername (ie the better looking blonde one who started with her in the newsroom when TnaG opened).

But the sister is hotter.

Unties bow!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

What is it with women always thinking that no matter what, unless the guy is famous, then they are far better looking?

get down off yerselves, about 5% of ye on a night out are stunners, the rest look like a fúcking dogs dinner.

no offence like. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

I usually reply that it would be rude not to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

But the sister is hotter.

Unties bow!

Each to their own I suppose. Given the chance of the two (and yes OP I do realise it will never happen).... I'd go for Grainne

Stky10 wrote: »
    Each to their own I suppose. Given the chance of the two (and yes OP I do realise it will never happen).... I'd go for Grainne

Wouldn't be fair on the other sister though.

I'd have to do a 3 some. Fairer.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

ClioV6 wrote: »
    What is it with women always thinking that no matter what, unless the guy is famous, then they are far better looking?

get down off yerselves, about 5% of ye on a night out are stunners, the rest look like a fúcking dogs dinner.

no offence like. :P

OP, I'd take head.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Its not about whether you actually have a hope, its whether given the chance...so not only are you missing the point completely, the notion you've taken up has pissed you off. Classic. :D And you say men are bonkers?

For the record, I wouldn't.

Ah right so I got it wrong, excuse me.

So you're saying what a man is actually saying is

'Here, if you had a chance with "angelina jolie" would ya?'

How is there a question there? Would ya do angelina jolie if you had the chance? HAHAHA. Men admit it ye just have massive egos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

How is there a question there? Would ya do angelina jolie if you had the chance? HAHAHA. Men admit it ye just have massive egos.

As the official spokesman for 'men', I refuse to admit such a thing. Stop making stupid threads like these.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

Now i just think the OP just hates men in general,

maybe she started this most cause shes bored (just like the men who have these would ya conversations)

or maybe shes just jealous that shes not one of the girls the men would "do" if hey had a chance

and there are men woman who do the exact same thing.

example, 2 ladies outta my job reckon they'd not only DO christan bale but they'd kidnap him and do him over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

Kold wrote: »
    As the official spokesman for 'men', I refuse to admit such a thing. Stop making stupid threads like these.

i concur but this is the place for such silly threads,

example, 2 ladies outta my job reckon they'd not only DO christan bale but they'd kidnap him and do him over and over again.

I share the same feeling, the same would apply to Clive owen :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Why just single out men, plenty of women said they do the same thing, so they have "massive egos" too?:rolleyes:

YOU just admit it, you simply don't get it and never will. People have spelt out what the whole joke is many times and you still can't figure it out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

As I started a thread on here about women being a 'tad' irrational sometimes :D I thought I'd come back with one for the men.

There is one thing that makes me think men are absolutely nuts. The 'would ya' and the 'I'd do her' phenomenon.

Here's the scenario: two or more men are together and they're looking at a picture of a stunningly gorgeous celebrity, one will turn to the other and go 'Would ya?' The other one will cast an eye over a woman about twenty times better looking than him, as if weighing up her chance of being with him, and go 'I'd do her'.

I've heard this way too many times to count.

Girls do you ever just feel like shouting, "YOU F*CKING WISH!!!!"

Men are ye nuts or deluded or what? Imagine a woman going to another woman, "Here, would you do George Clooney?", "Ah I dunno if he'd get a chance like" :D
    She's feisty.

But i would.

*runs* :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I reckon the OP is just annoyed because she overheard someone say it about her and then heard "Haha, ya must be jokin, i'll never be that drunk" or something to that extent. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭994

I said the same thing about Anne Hathaway at work and got fired! Double standards how are ye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I'd just uploaded a new pic onto bebo a while back and I got a text message from my friend's friend saying, ''seen your new pic, I so would''. To be honest, I was thinking of asking him who the hell asked him if he would or not but I decided to be more patient with him. Most of the time I think the ''I would'' humour is hilarious though. I do it myself (jokingly, of course) with my friends. So methinks it's unfair to say it's just a man thing. It's funny and you can take it as a very silly compliment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

MizzLolly wrote: »
    I'd just uploaded a new pic onto bebo a while back and I got a text message from my friend's friend saying, ''seen your new pic, I so would''.

pics or GTFO

• Advertisement

pics or GTFO

There are already a few pics of me on boards so.. YOU GTFO!!! :P

There are already a few pics of me on boards so.. YOU GTFO!!! :P

But you'll get more feedback here.

Dare ya.

But you'll get more feedback here.

Dare ya.

No :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I'd just uploaded a new pic onto bebo a while back and I got a text message from my friend's friend saying, ''seen your new pic, I so would''. To be honest, I was thinking of asking him who the hell asked him if he would or not but I decided to be more patient with him. Most of the time I think the ''I would'' humour is hilarious though. I do it myself (jokingly, of course) with my friends. So methinks it's unfair to say it's just a man thing. It's funny and you can take it as a very silly compliment!
    Which is exactly why I would:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Men admit it ye just have massive egos.

I don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭who007

I really can't see how you fail to get this and come to the above conclusion. It's like you are trying to tell us a blackboadr is white and despite numerous people telling you it's black, you still keep telling us we are idiots for believing it to be black.
    The Earth is round by the way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

As I started a thread on here about women being a 'tad' irrational sometimes :D I thought I'd come back with one for the men.

There is one thing that makes me think men are absolutely nuts. The 'would ya' and the 'I'd do her' phenomenon.

Here's the scenario: two or more men are together and they're looking at a picture of a stunningly gorgeous celebrity, one will turn to the other and go 'Would ya?' The other one will cast an eye over a woman about twenty times better looking than him, as if weighing up her chance of being with him, and go 'I'd do her'.

I've heard this way too many times to count.

Girls do you ever just feel like shouting, "YOU F*CKING WISH!!!!"

Men are ye nuts or deluded or what? Imagine a woman going to another woman, "Here, would you do George Clooney?", "Ah I dunno if he'd get a chance like" :D

Every women looks better after having me, so stop being jealous and get in line. Giggity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Well if asked I would give the Seoighe sisters a good belt of the shiny purple fella, so I would.

Prince?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

After a quick search, I can honestly say..MizzLolly? who wouldn't.

:p

Fact: You didnt see any women complaining in the WHEN GIRLS SAY EXTRAORDINARILY GIRLY THINGS thread.

I don't really think men have massive egos, it just gets a bit grating when you hear the 'Would ya' every single day. Though I have to admit I work with teenage boys so I probably hear it more often than most.:D :D

And to anyone who said 'they wouldn't' as a reply to this thread, I wouldn't touch them with Mary Harney :cool::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I'd hit it and quit it. You're too ****in mental to stick around

Ah Caliden seriously, what is the matter with you.

The whole thread was meant to be a joke. Callin me f**kin mental is just going too far.

And the bunny in a pot didnt strike you as odd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

The whole thread was meant to be a joke. Callin me f**kin mental is just going too far.

You still would though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Why do men do anything...coz they can.

Fairly self explanitory.

Seriously though, if this is the only thing you dont understand with men, youre doing well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Terodil

This thread clearly proves that all women are mental.

Also, why do you keep insisting things you say are a joke after you're called on them?

Terodil wrote: »
    This thread clearly proves that all women are mental.

Also, why do you keep insisting things you say are a joke after you're called on them?

Sheesh :rolleyes: I exaggerate most of the stuff I write for comic effect. well that was the aim anyway

I'll keep the day job so :D

You weren't joking but I'm glad to see you have seen the error of your ways.

And to anyone who said 'they wouldn't' as a reply to this thread, I wouldn't touch them with Mary Harney :cool::D
    You wouldnt touch them with Mary Harney but youd touch Mary Harney yourself:eek:
    Sick puppy

• Advertisement

ClioV6 wrote: »
    After a quick search, I can honestly say..MizzLolly? who wouldn't.

:p

:eek:

heh :o

:eek:

heh :o
    *goes searching*:D:cool:
    I agree again

(yes i am tryin to see how red we can make you)

Advertisement