Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heated Grips

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Some small differences:

Advanced sports have:
    https://www.oxfordproducts.com/motorcycle/brands/oxford/handlebar_accessories/hotgrips_advanced_sports_uk_specific/

9 heat settings
    Redesigned control interface
    Intelligent heat setting memory
    Weatherproof power connectors
    Optimised tread pattern
    Weatherproof design
    Simple installation
    Battery saving mode
    Draws under 4A

https://www.oxfordproducts.com/motorcycle/brands/oxford/handlebar_accessories/hotgrips_premium_sports/

5 heat settings
    Battery saving mode
    Switch technology
    Draws under 4A

There’s more settings on advanced? The website above must have made an error when entering details.

Which would u pick?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Ive had the touring ones with 5 settings and they did the job. Got fairly hot and made it more comfortable riding in cold. Id go with them. The cost difference and "extra features" dont offer enough to spend more.

Thanks GBX :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Deffo get the sports set, the actual pattern on the grip is brilliant and will suit the bike you mentioned. I have had two sets on 2 different bikes and they are brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I have the premium, thread pattern is fine zero problems. And the extra money for weather proof connections ??? waste of money marketing spoof. you wont use 9 settings either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

listermint wrote: »
    I have the premium, thread pattern is fine zero problems. And the extra money for weather proof connections ??? waste of money marketing spoof. you wont use 9 settings either.

We use the Premium grips on our work bikes, they're ideal.

Nine settings are way over kill, mostly you'll use 2 or 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭conor2469

I got the premium ones with 5 settings, they are great, as said above, 9 settings isn't needed

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Breezin

Make sure you check the grip lengths before you buy, as they vary.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭in2dark

Breezin wrote: »
    Make sure you check the grip lengths before you buy, as they vary.

How? Im about to buy the "cheaper" ones too. What size for a vstrom?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭listermint

in2dark wrote: »
    How? Im about to buy the "cheaper" ones too. What size for a vstrom?

Premium fine.

Advertisement