Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yi Home Camera 1080p - Flash sale on AliExpress app - €15

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

McGaggs wrote: »
    Anyone know how to get this to work with virgin media broadband?

Connected fine for me first. Then the second time I plugged in I had to reset it a few times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,807 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

What is your issue with it. It appears to work fine for me and I am Virgin Media. Just connect it to your 2.4GHz wifi

Looking at YouTube, it seems the issue may be that my phone is on the 5ghz network not the 2.4. I'll give it another go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

McGaggs wrote: »
    Looking at YouTube, it seems the issue may be that my phone is on the 5ghz network not the 2.4. I'll give it another go.
    I have it connected to my 2.4 house network and it works fine. My phone and laptop are both 5GHz and no issue there.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jack in the box

BKWDR wrote: »
    Mine arrived today, kinda a bit annoyed with the fact that it's limited unless you sign up for the monthly subscription

Am I correct in saying if I was using the above versions from github, it wouldn't allow the two way / one way of sound?

Stick an SD micro in it. There is no need to sign up to their cloud service. 64gb gets me over a week of recording

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,656 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Mine arrived today, kinda a bit annoyed with the fact that it's limited unless you sign up for the monthly subscription

Am I correct in saying if I was using the above versions from github, it wouldn't allow the two way / one way of sound?

Use a SD card , no need for the cloud service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭xckjoo

I'm not actually sure. I got the hacked firmware on it and then promptly realised I've no specific use for it at the moment so it's back in the box for now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Stick an SD micro in it. There is no need to sign up to their cloud service. 64gb gets me over a week of recording
    ted1 wrote: »
    Use a SD card , no need for the cloud service.

Ah ok, so if i stick a card in it, it will automatically not record to cloud and will just save to SD card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,656 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Ah ok, so if i stick a card in it, it will automatically not record to cloud and will just save to SD card?

It’ll upload a few seconds to the cloud and record either constantly or just movements to the SD card for you to review. You’ll get alerts from movements and can turn review them in the SD card via the app

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Received mine last week - delighted with it - it's really good and the ability to customize alerts is fantastic.
    I'd be tempted by the custom Rom if it was supported with an app and I could upload video to my own cloud storage.
    It's too expensive to use their cloud storage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Received mine last week - delighted with it - it's really good and the ability to customize alerts is fantastic.
    I'd be tempted by the custom Rom if it was supported with an app and I could upload video to my own cloud storage.
    It's too expensive to use their cloud storage

Unfortunately this version doesn't seem to have a custom rom with google drive storage capability. If the serial on the back of the camera begins with 9FU then it's an allwinner version and the other roms won't work on it.

From what I can see this is the only rom available for it but it doesn't have google drive capabilities. Maybe in the future. For now I'll just keep an sd card in it and review them as I need to.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭deadlast

I received two camera, one for my parents. Neither came with the 16gb SD card I ordered.
    Anyone get their SD card?

deadlast wrote: »
    I received two camera, one for my parents. Neither came with the 16gb SD card I ordered.
    Anyone get their SD card?

I didn't order the SD card as I have plenty hanging around. How much did you pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭R11

xckjoo wrote: »
    I'm not actually sure. I got the hacked firmware on it and then promptly realised I've no specific use for it at the moment so it's back in the box for now :D

I'll buy it from you if you're not using it...

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭deadlast

DopeTech wrote: »
    I didn't order the SD card as I have plenty hanging around. How much did you pay?

€15.62 per camera. I'm sure the SD card would have been **** but they sent a US plug too which is useless.
    I'm gonna dispute a few quid for their messing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Interesting101

Lads,

How good are the notifications / alerts you get when these cameras are active.
    Would you get one while motion is detected / attempting a break in or would it after the event.
    Any input??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Yi cameras send your photos videos to china
    And log onto Chinese website from the app
    Fyi

Advertisement