Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiMiUS Projector 1080P,6500 lumen Video Projector HD £139.99 @ Amazon

Options
  • 05-08-2020 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭

Excellent projector for the money. It's £169.99 but the £30 voucher brings it down to £139.99

Link

Edit: Currency corrected
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Do you have one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

digitaldr wrote: »
    Do you have one?

Yes and I find it great. I got it when it was last posted on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

Good spot op
    Anyone else not getting the option to apply the voucher?
    Edit: I think it was a lightning deal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Good spot op
    Anyone else not getting the option to apply the voucher?
    Edit: I think it was a lightning deal

Showing for me, am subscribed to prime if it makes any difference
    £139.99, not €139.99 though

• Advertisement

matchthis wrote: »
    Showing for me, am subscribed to prime if it makes any difference
    £139.99, not €139.99 though

Sorry,, the currency is now corrected.

There must be only so many of those vouchers available each day.

It showing again now. Strange it didn't last night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

The £30 voucher keeps coming and going so it's well worth checking periodically! I've just ordered mine, thanks OP 🤩

Screen-Shot-2020-08-07-at-09.01.44122ea56c89989bdd.png

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭maik3n

oneweb wrote: »
    The £30 voucher keeps coming and going so it's well worth checking periodically! I've just ordered mine, thanks OP 🤩

[IMG]httxxxxxps://cdn2.pixstash.net/2020/08/07/Screen-Shot-2020-08-07-at-09.01.44122ea56c89989bdd.png[/IMG]
    Very strange goings on, lol.
    Gone again now but managed to grab it earlier WITH the discount.

Many thanks for the tip OP. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

How do you get around it not able to play Dolby ?
    Voucher back up again by look of it

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭teachinggal123

Would this be good for PS4 and an Nvidia Shield?

I presume it’ll be at the lower end of 1080p projectors ... but probably the best at that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Don't really know projectors but at the bottom it's compared to this one;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Projector-WiMiUS-Correction-Compatible-Smartphone-White/dp/B08215K2BW/ref=psdc_10392531_t2_B07QDXHLZ5

It's brighter, better contrast and cheaper. Anyone able to advise which is better?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

rizzla wrote: »

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Projector-WiMiUS-Correction-Compatible-Smartphone-White/dp/B08215K2BW/ref=psdc_10392531_t2_B07QDXHLZ5

It's brighter, better contrast and cheaper. Anyone able to advise which is better?

Reading some of the reviews on that one and saw:

“ If you think you are buying a HD projector for a bargain price, you are not. This is a cheap projector, the picture quality is not HD, it is pixelated. It is not 7000 lumens, it does not work with any background light.

You may be wondering why it has so many 5 star reviews, the seller offers a free gift (amazon fire stick) if you give a good review.

I returned mine & bought an Epson 650, the difference is like night and day.

If you want a cheap projector to use in the garden etc, this is probably ok. But if you are looking for a budget home cinema, spend a little more & buy a proper projector by a well known manufacturer.

If it’s too good to be true, it probably is...”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Homelander

rizzla wrote: »

The one in the OP is better.

It's excellent for the price. But remember the price. Don't expect €600 projector/TV performance from a €160 projector.

Like one of the reviews mentioned above says "went out and bought an Epson 650, difference is night and day".

Of course it is. That's comparing a £130 projector with a £500 projector.

The project in the OP is an excellent projector for watching movies in a dim/darkened room at reasonable quality considering the price point.

It can't compete with TV's or projectors costing 3 or 4x as much, obviously nor offer the same features/visual quality/brightness.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jasonhn

a bit off topic, but if I had the time id have a go at building this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfvTjQ9MCwY&t=957s

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭maik3n

Boo-urns, the discount has been reduced.
    Was £25 but now down to £15.

Then again, even with that smaller discount it might be still worth it for what it is. ;)

My (OP) projector arrived this morning, and I've gotta say I'm chuffed with it!! :D

For a picture roughly 180cm wide, the front of the projector needs to be roughly 260cm away. It's got Front, Ceiling, Rear project and Ceiling Rear project modes.

With the default settings using a Roku streaming stick...
    - the picture's sharp, vibrant, fairly colour accurate if maybe a tiny bit over-saturated. No evidence of a pixel grid.
    - bright enough to see with the curtains open average daylight on that default-light-cream colour wall (the name escapes me right now), granted you'll lose clarity so the darker the better!
    - the picture doesn't black out completely so you'll see an outline
    - the sound surprised me, there's a speaker on the right side of the picture, nice punchy bass, treble's a bit tinny tho
    - the fan's definitely noticeable, and came on with the projector rather than being temperature-based

Without a doubt, the remote control is the sh!ttiest piece of hardware I've ever seen or held - and it's gaudy piano white plastic with an almost rose-gold trim, with a crappy button click noise :pac: Doesn't come with 2x AAA batteries, trying to unclip the back of the remote was pretty tricky.

Heavier than expected (I didn't expect much!) but the build quality of the projector itself feels rock solid.
    There's a flip switch for the power at the rear. 2 HDMI, 2 USB too. Yellow/Red/White phono jacks plug into the side via an included headphone-type adapter.

There were some dust particles between the lenses out of the box (just don't check that when it's on 🙈 ) so I'll be getting in touch with the seller to see what I can do. Not noticeable on-screen but I wonder if dust build-up might be a problem over time.

The box comes with a card offering a free streaming device (like Chromecast), projector screen or $20 Amazon gift card... so take a guess where the 5 star reviews come from!!

I've had a more expensive Samsung TV that let me down with colour reproduction and comparitively worse sound.

For the price? WOW!! :eek:

Oh, and just as an aside, I can now see how flawed my wall is 🙈so with that I'm off to Woodies to get some sandpaper, Polyfilla and paint (the colour still escapes me!).

EDIT: The wall is magnolia colour!
    EDIT: It's 2020 and boards doesn't like emoji.

It is what it's.

My (OP) projector arrived this morning, and I've gotta say I'm chuffed with it!! :D

For a picture roughly 180cm wide, the front of the projector needs to be roughly 260cm away. It's got Front, Ceiling, Rear project and Ceiling Rear project modes.

With the default settings using a Roku streaming stick...
    - the picture's sharp, vibrant, fairly colour accurate if maybe a tiny bit over-saturated. No evidence of a pixel grid.
    - bright enough to see with the curtains open average daylight on that default-light-cream colour wall (the name escapes me right now), granted you'll lose clarity so the darker the better!
    - the picture doesn't black out completely so you'll see an outline
    - the sound surprised me, there's a speaker on the right side of the picture, nice punchy bass, treble's a bit tinny tho
    - the fan's definitely noticeable, and came on with the projector rather than being temperature-based

Without a doubt, the remote control is the sh!ttiest piece of hardware I've ever seen or held - and it's gaudy piano white plastic with an almost rose-gold trim, with a crappy button click noise :pac: Doesn't come with 2x AAA batteries, trying to unclip the back of the remote was pretty tricky.

Heavier than expected (I didn't expect much!) but the build quality of the projector itself feels rock solid.
    There's a flip switch for the power at the rear. 2 HDMI, 2 USB too. Yellow/Red/White phono jacks plug into the side via an included headphone-type adapter.

There were some dust particles between the lenses out of the box (just don't check that when it's on 🙈🤩) so I'll be getting in touch with the seller to see what I can do. Not noticeable on-screen but I wonder if dust build-up might be a problem over time.

The box comes with a card offering a free streaming device (like Chromecast), projector screen or $20 Amazon gift card... so take a guess where the 5 star reviews come from!!

I've had a more expensive Samsung TV that let me down with colour reproduction and comparitively worse sound.

For the price? WOW!! :eek:

Oh, and just as an aside, I can now see how flawed my wall is 🙉 so with that I'm off to Woodies to get some sandpaper, Polyfilla and paint (the colour still escapes me!).

There was and still are some dust particles between my lens. It has never made a noticeable difference to my or kids viewing. I have had the projector since March and the dust hasn't worsened.
    I use an AUX cable to an old audio system I have and it's fantastic. Audio source is easily selectable in settings.
    I did leave a review (genuinely positive) and asked for the projector screen. I got a semi see through fabric screen with holes to attach to wall clips. I haven't use if but plan to try to construct a wooden frame for it so the kids can view outside. Hopefully I will be christening it with Mulan (Disney+ Premium) on 4th Sep.

bromley52 wrote: »
    I got a semi see through fabric screen with holes to attach to wall clips.
    D'ya mind me asking what width the screen is?

It is what it's.

Even cheaper now!!

Screen-Shot-2020-08-13-at-18.07.24b19971d3fabbc93b.png

It is what it's.

• Advertisement

D'ya mind me asking what width the screen is?

Roughly 93" diagonally. Height 47"

Current price is £169.99, voucher is now £40 off

Can anyone tell me if there's supposed to be sound from both sides? Specs say stereo sound but mine's just coming from the right side.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

What's the difference between these 3 apart from cosmetics and price?

Screenshot-20200824-231730.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Current price is £169.99, voucher is now £40 off

Can anyone tell me if there's supposed to be sound from both sides? Specs say stereo sound but mine's just coming from the right side.

What's your overall impression of the projector?

Hi all
    Anyone else getting a blurry picture when using VGA? Basically very difficult to read text? . Tried different resolutions and I've used the focusing on the lens

I brought 2 and both are the same, to replace 2 old school ceiling mounted projectors. Projecting onto a white pull down screen

Not tried with HDMI yet

Hi all
    Anyone else getting a blurry picture when using VGA? Basically very difficult to read text? . Tried different resolutions and I've used the focusing on the lens

I brought 2 and both are the same, to replace 2 old school ceiling mounted projectors. Projecting onto a white pull down screen

Not tried with HDMI yet

You may need to adjust the computers resolution to match the projectors native resolution.

You may need to adjust the computers resolution to match the projectors native resolution.

Thanks , I tried the various resolution options on the laptop and they were all pretty gave the same result.
    I'll try a laptop with HDMI and see if it's any better

The lightening deal is back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Projector, APEMAN Full HD Native 1080P, Support 4K, 300" Screen LCD Video Projector, Remote Electronic Keystone Correction, Compatible with HDMI/USB/Phone/PC/PS4 for Home Cinema/Business Presentation https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B082TP8TMX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_ZDRrFbVW0KCK1

Projector Screen 100 Inch, Portable Projection Screen with 16:9 HD Movie Screen,Foldable Screen for Projector for Home Cinema Outdoor https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07Z76MXFD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_KERrFbB3AW80D

Above is what I picked up and very happy with it. Does be on offer with vouchers regularly enough and find the built in speakers pretty good. Have only used it out the back and weather hasn’t been great. Dyin to give it another go. Found it wasn’t good with audio codec when playing from usb stick, but plugged in a now tv stick and worked 100%

Picked up the below to compliment it

Novelty Place] Retro Style Plastic Popcorn Containers for Movie Night - 7.25" Tall x 7.25" Top Diameter (6 Pack) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0192K7BZU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_jFRrFbPZ09GAX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

Excellent projector for the money. It's £169.99 but the £30 voucher brings it down to £139.99

Link

Edit: Currency corrected

where do i get the voucher code to get a discount ?.

Advertisement