Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Television - Game of Thrones Warning/Infraction

Options
  • 23-04-2014 2:37pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,611 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Not really going to argue against the infraction it was fair, but the original warning was in my opinion out of order.

For anyone not familiar with the forum and how it works each week and episode is released and there are 2 threads created, 1 for those who have read the books and one for does who have not.

So I posted a guess in the have not read the books thread (as I have done in the previous weeks, most of which seem to be wrong), this time it seems my guess was correct.

So I get a warning for said post because the mod doesn't believe there is any way I could have guessed it, I did, I would also say it probably isn't the hardest thing in world to guess as they have previously done more or less the exact same thing in season 1 or 2. (Just trying to give some background into my thought process.)

I did mention (probably shouldn't have) that I did see the trailer for the season which shows what amount to one second of combat that is related to this spoiler, it still was not enough to go on. However it should be noted that nowhere does it mention that you cannot post in this thread if you have seen a trailer.
    Actually many of the thread begin with a promo trailer for the episode. I feel the mod in question was being dishonest and trying to find a new argument to support their position.

So I accept the infraction, but it seem the mod in question is going to stand over the warning that is unfair on two counts:

1. It has now spoilered a plot point for me because they themselves have essentially broken the rule with regards someone who has read the books telling someone who hasn't what will happen.

2. The mod had absolutely nothing to go on that I have read the books, because I haven't.

Anyway it's stupid and childish and even typing this is annoying me because I shouldn't really give a ****e, but it is not ok to Moderate in that fashion.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,611 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

The mod and myself spoke again, further clarity given - I'm happy for this to be marked as resolved or delete as you see fit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement