Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best/easiest software for editing GoPro footage. Also, effects?

Options
  • 16-04-2014 4:23pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So I have a GoPro and intend to start making a few short movies on the bike and general stuff. What is advised as the best easy to use software for simply arranging the clips and ordering them around the place, adding some music and maybe a bit of text? I believe iMovie is brilliant but I don't have a mac. Is there an alternative for Windows?

Also, I see some really nice movies where clearly a few effects have been used - kinda like instagram for video. How can I get these or is it only the really top end expensive software that does it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Doesn't the go pro come with it's own software? I never really used it because I have a copy of Adobe premiere pro.

For simple arranging of clips the go pro software will probably fit the bill, outside of that windows movie maker is free, it probably won't be able to take advantage of the gopros high frame rates so it'll just output basic 30fps videos.

The next step up again would be adobe premiere elements, I think you can get to use that on a monthly basis through adobe cloud service.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks, Mine did not come with it but I believe there is something you can download so I'll give it a bash. I had a look and there are so many rubbish ones, no one clear winner. I assumed Adobe would be a very steep learning curve, but is it worth it?

There really is no iMovie equivelent is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Zascar wrote: »
    Thanks, Mine did not come with it but I believe there is something you can download so I'll give it a bash. I had a look and there are so many rubbish ones, no one clear winner. I assumed Adobe would be a very steep learning curve, but is it worth it?

There really is no iMovie equivelent is there?
    Windows movie maker would be the windows alternative but I don't think it's a patch on iMovie based on what others have said. Premiere is very easy to use, it's all drag and drop. Elements is like the easy to use consumer version, I'm using the pro version and even that is extremely easy to use, you could get by without ever looking at the instruction it's pretty intuitive.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Ok excellent thanks I'll give Premier Elements a go!

Advertisement