Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Law: Breach of access order

Options
  • 05-11-2019 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hi , is it possible to bring a criminal case for breach of access. Garda say no it's civil matter, others say it's criminal seems it's in limbo , has anyone ever done it , is really like to bring a case

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Is it court ordered? Your best bet is to talk to a solicitor. Gardai are right it is a civil matter.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    Talk to the solicitor who acted for you in the proceedings.
    Leaving open for general discussion subject to forum rules

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭ubs69

Just wondering if anyone brought proceedings, I'm representing myself , no need for solicitor, just a general discussion

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Lmklad

If access is granted by a court order the “offended” party is the Court. If you are representing yourself you will need to show to the judge how the order was breached and it is up to the judge to decide if there is to be any sanction.

ubs69 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone brought proceedings, I'm representing myself , no need for solicitor, just a general discussion

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    Title amended for clarity

• Advertisement

Yes it Is court ordered ,, 10 times it's been breached , by no show , no explanation , just suits herself when and which kids you get ,, like she decides what you get , no one else will tell her what to do

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭maccydoodies

If its breached after 3 instances and you can prove it go back to DC where it was ordered and ask for a breach of access summons and go from there. Judges don't like to see orders of the court not being adhered to. The wording of the summons is complainant/defendant so its a criminal matter arising from not complying with a court order. Go to a solicitor.

Id rather stay away from solicitor, they only fuel the flame , thanks for reply ,

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭randomrb

It needs to go before the judge again if there has been a breach and he may make more specific orders. If there is still an issue the judge decides whether it can become a criminal matter you don't

Order was made in circuit court, returning to district court with access enforcement application , see how that goes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Steviewinger

A single father lay litigant , wishing to bring enforcement order against an ex. I despair. I can guarantee you will get no peace from this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

I’ve been going through this exact issue for many many years,in my experience the court won’t take action against the mother, my access has been stopped for years at a time due to the litigation process. The courts are a useful tool but not always.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rondog

Theres equality for women and the LGBTQ community but fathers always seem to be second rate citizens when it comes to their own children.

OP bring everything you have to court and keep bringing it to court ,have a record of the mother taking the p1ss so you have ammunition showing she in unreliable and difficult.

rondog wrote: »
    Theres equality for women and the LGBTQ community but fathers always seem to be second rate citizens when it comes to their own children.

OP bring everything you have to court and keep bringing it to court ,have a record of the mother taking the p1ss so you have ammunition showing she in unreliable and difficult.

The LGBT community are being bestowed with rights to children who are not biologically theirs while men are campaigning for decades for the same to children who are biologically theirs

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Just a gentle reminder that this isn't AH or it's successor-in-title and we expect a reasonably well informed discussion on legal matters, not poorly reasoned bar stool natter.

rondog wrote: »

,, I will I've got 14 breaches reported to guards , just hope they look at them , it's kinda a roll of the dice who you get , , I was in court with 8 women , and me , seven if them seen straight thru her actions , but at the end of the day it's up to the mother if you can see your kids

ubs69 wrote: »
    ,, I will I've got 14 breaches reported to guards , just hope they look at them , it's kinda a roll of the dice who you get , , I was in court with 8 women , and me , seven if them seen straight thru her actions , but at the end of the day it's up to the mother if you can see your kids

Did you ever find some gardai would advise you that it's pointless in them recording it on the PULSE system? I've recorded dozens of breaches and it was pointless in the end. Historically i have been hammered in the District Court by a female judge only to get her orders overturned on appeal every time. Alienation is another factor you may have to put up with.

I appreciate this thread is 4 years old but it must be made clear that the garda's implication that breach of access is not a criminal matter is factually incorrect. Breach of access is a criminal law matter in Irish law.

"Breach of an access order granted by the District Court is also a criminal offence (Section 5 of the Courts (No 2) Act 1986)" [https://www.legalaidboard.ie/en/about-the-board/coronavirus-covid-19/access-and-custody-during-the-covid-19-crisis.html]

Fight back, fathers. And start telling people sbout the false allegations and lies. Fight back!

Advertisement