Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment July Intake (2019)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭james flanagan

I emailed HRM yesterday and I got this reply ; "your file is still under review" , "we will contact you when a decision has been made".. anybody get this reply?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

Pretty much telling your file is awaiting a decision from senior management, all the emails they send seem to be generic and copied and pasted

Ok so hopefully it is moving a little bit off someone's desk ha

• Registered Users Posts: 31 papster97

I’ve heard of people who pass all stages and then the commissioner decides you’re not suitable. What would the reasons be for that? Couldn’t imagine anything more heart breaking

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gadaves

papster97 wrote: »
    I’ve heard of people who pass all stages and then the commissioner decides you’re not suitable. What would the reasons be for that? Couldn’t imagine anything more heart breaking

That would exceptionally rare, if you meet with the sergeant and the super and they think you are suitable I can't see any reason for you to be rejected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Johnmurphy321

Can you put in a request to be stationed in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

AFAIK you fill out a request form with your presence. You can be put anywhere in the country at the discretion of the commissioner but anyone living in Dublin usually gets Dublin, I've never heard of a dub not getting dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Userdb

Any offers gone out this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

Userdb wrote: »
    Any offers gone out this week?

It has been the last 2 Friday afternoons so far.

Any offers out today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Harveli18

Any offers out today?

Nothing here anyway :/

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Whatyagonnnado

Any offers out today?

Nope. Devo....had half the village lighting candles for me today. Pity I'm not religious :-D

Keep the faith..

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Harveli18

So did any offers go out today??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭dublin2000A

any more information on intakes being cancelled for the foreseeable?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Roche2018

Has anyone else here got an offer to start on the 22nd June (from home)?? Is there an information group or WhatsApp for that anywhere??

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kellbag91

Roche2018 wrote: »
    Has anyone else here got an offer to start on the 22nd June (from home)?? Is there an information group or WhatsApp for that anywhere??

Is it true you get the badge in the post when completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Frenchjoe87

Roche2018 wrote: »

yeah theres a whats app group, if you havent already got sorted pm me your number i'll add you in

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Johnmurphy321

When do you find out where you are going to be stationed? Is it the last week in the Garda college?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Waggawagga12

Has anyone any information about when the next intake will be? I phoned admin and got no information. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Alandantheman

Hi all, just checking if anyone else here has been waiting a long time for garda vetting? Everytime I call HQ they say my vetting is still outstanding and it's almost 2 years now. Surely the must have some sort of obligation to give out more info on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

Hi all, just checking if anyone else here has been waiting a long time for garda vetting? Everytime I call HQ they say my vetting is still outstanding and it's almost 2 years now. Surely the must have some sort of obligation to give out more info on this?

Time to ask either your local TD or your solicitor to make a representation to the local Superintendent. That’s the only way to get someone’s attention there.

Just a passenger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭dublin2000A

There are tonnes of people in the same situation. I’m from the 2018 campaign and still waiting for vetting.

I wouldn’t be going annoying your superintendent about it it’s nothing to do with him.

Unfortunately HR’s hands have been tied with covid etc but hopefully the announcement in the budget today should start the ball rolling again, either way nothing is going to happen untill 2021.

It sucks donkey di*k but unfortunately the HR office simply don’t contact you unless they have to or have an intake date for you

• Registered Users Posts: 14,477 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Mikefitzs wrote: »
    Time to ask either your local TD or your solicitor to make a representation to the local Superintendent. That’s the only way to get someone’s attention there.

Yeah, don't do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

Witcher wrote: »
    Yeah, don't do that.

Absolutely do that, paperwork constantly gets lost in those offices, no one looks until questions are asked. There’s nice ways to ask a question, no one needs to barge in shouting “where’s my vetting form” 😂
    He who asks gets, he who is silent gets nothing.

Just a passenger

• Registered Users Posts: 14,477 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Mikefitzs wrote: »
    Absolutely do that, paperwork constantly gets lost in those offices, no one looks until questions are asked. There’s nice ways to ask a question, no one needs to barge in shouting “where’s my vetting form” ��
    He who asks gets, he who is silent gets nothing.

First of all it could be construed as canvassing.

Second it's pointless because your vetting is nothing to do with your local superintendent.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Tmac35

I’m from 2018 campaign all done & was waiting on vetting as many are, almost year & half, but I emailed last week and was told that finally my vetting is all done so just waiting on an offer. I even rang in case I misread as I’ve been waiting sooooo long but yeah just waiting on an offer. Hopefully with the good news yesterday things will get rolling pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Rich_ccfc

Tmac35 wrote: »
    I’m from 2018 campaign all done & was waiting on vetting as many are, almost year & half, but I emailed last week and was told that finally my vetting is all done so just waiting on an offer. I even rang in case I misread as I’ve been waiting sooooo long but yeah just waiting on an offer. Hopefully with the good news yesterday things will get rolling pretty quickly.

Thats unreal finally a bit of movement for you. I'm from 2018 too vetting holding me back. Mine has gone out and came back multiple times.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Tmac35

It’s very frustrating but hope things will get moving forward quickly, I’ll be happier when I get the offer ☺️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Rich_ccfc

Tmac35 wrote: »
    It’s very frustrating but hope things will get moving forward quickly, I’ll be happier when I get the offer ☺️

couldn't agree more. Il be sending the odd email every 2 weeks now.

Advertisement