Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Insect ID

Options
  • 07-12-2019 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭

Can someone tell me what this guy is, please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A vine weevil. Bad news for many potted plants.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

unusual to see this late in the year?

fryup wrote: »
    unusual to see this late in the year?

They're more active up to the end of October but live for over a year. Indoors, they are active all year round.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Here's one.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

mosquito (i think)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

mosquito (i think)

Yup. Male mosquito with feathery antennae

do irish mosquitos bite?

do irish mosquitos bite?

Depends on the species and sex. Worldwide there are about 3000 species and 200 - 400 bite humans, even then only the females do. We have 20species and only one or two bite humans.

Depends on the species and sex. Worldwide there are about 3000 species and 200 - 400 bite humans, even then only the females do. We have 20species and only one or two bite humans.

And those two have me on their database ... fekers!

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

Whats this guy ( i took this during summer in a quarry) its quite big ~1-1.5 inch

• Advertisement

Keplar240B wrote: »
    Whats this guy ( i took this during summer in a quarry) its quite big ~1-1.5 inch

A Devils Coach Horse I reckon

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/braypeople/lifestyle/devils-coachhorse-an-aggressive-little-beetle-beast-35273686.html

Advertisement