Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Text size on touch site

Options
  • 11-12-2019 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭

I was wondering if there's any way to increase the text size on the touch site? I'm struggling to read the tiny text these days, despite using reading glasses, but increasing the text size in my mobile browser (Brave) has no effect. I can force enable zooming which helps but then I'm scrolling left and right and up and down all the time to read a post.

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Alun,

I'm afraid there's currently no way to increase the size of text on the Touch Site. This is a suggestion that we have listed as something that developers could look at, but unfortunately I don't have a timescale as to when this might be tackled.

I did stumble upon the Dolphin 2019 browser. This does allow you to increase the size of text (tap the Dolphin at the bottom of the page and then the Settings cog icon). It's a little messy at times, because changing the size of text isn't something that's currently supported, but does magnify the text size.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Thanks Mark, I might give that a try.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Alun wrote: »
    Thanks Mark, I might give that a try.

The native samsung browser allows it in a very user friendly manner.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement