Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon Household

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep, posted about this in the Prime thread. Didn’t know about it until the weekend either.. but then again, I only joined Prime for Prime Day.

The missus joined too so handy that we can just keep the one sub going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

This is a great perk - added my other half to it about a year ago, very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭micks_address

just a pity you can't share amazon music

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Looks like you have to share wallets, i.e. give access to your payment cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

That's to stop the Spotify/Google Music/Netflix rings that go on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Peck3277

How does this work with sharing echo devices?

Due to the pandemic, in my parents house there are my parents and 4 adult children. Each child has an echo device and my parents share echo devices.

Are there any downsides to creating a household with all of us on it so our echos can interact?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Doesn't work with student accouints either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Doesn't work with student accouints either.

In fairness student accounts are much cheaper.

In fairness student accounts are much cheaper.

Oh yeah, not a complaint, more a heads-up, save people a call with Amazon CS

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tigeire

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

yup - makes it unpractical for some

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Having an issue trying to attach my account to my wifes one. It's saying we need to be in the same country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Having an issue trying to attach my account to my wifes one. It's saying we need to be in the same country.

I had that also and turned out her account was set to US for kindle book store and needed to be set the same as my .co.uk account

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

tommycahir wrote: »
    I had that also and turned out her account was set to US for kindle book store and needed to be set the same as my .co.uk account

Could you do that yourself or did you need customer service to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭ice.cube

Oh yeah, not a complaint, more a heads-up, save people a call with Amazon CS

I have a student account and I was able to add a family member.

ice.cube wrote: »

I have a student account and I was able to add a family member.

Really? I was told by CS that that wasn't possible. I'll have to try again, would be very handy altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭fuse

I assume delivery has to be the same address as the main account owner?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭Conar

fuse wrote: »
    I assume delivery has to be the same address as the main account owner?

No, and I often order for others too so as a secondary household member on my mother's account (both different addresses) I've often ordered for friends and delivered to their addresses.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭salamiii

it was always like that but now you have to share your credit card.before you could have 4 members at any address

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Peck3277 wrote: »
    How does this work with sharing echo devices?

Due to the pandemic, in my parents house there are my parents and 4 adult children. Each child has an echo device and my parents share echo devices.

Are there any downsides to creating a household with all of us on it so our echos can interact?
    i found an issue few months back where 2 houses with echos+hue lights got completely messed up, in other words my group lights would be replaced from another family members house, deleting etc picking correct ones would initially restore to non existing lights, so smth to keep in mind if you use other smart home devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭SourSessions

You can't share prime video either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Sarn

It specifically says you can.

Only prime members can share the following benefits with one other adult in the Household:

Unlimited One-Day Delivery plus Same-Day Delivery in eligible areas
    Prime Video Streaming
    Prime Reading
    Early access to Amazon Lightning Deals
    20% off nappies and 15% off Baby Registry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Sarn wrote: »

Only prime members can share the following benefits with one other adult in the Household:

Prime Video Streaming
    Prime Reading

But not in the Republic of Ireland. I spent hours on chat with them trying to figure out why it wouldn't work until they escalated it and told me the feature isn't available in ROI.

Prime Video Streaming
    Prime Reading

I can't find it right now but that isn't included for Rep Of Ireland customers. You can have multiple profiles on the one Prime Video account, but not multiple prime video accounts.

But not in the Republic of Ireland. I spent hours on chat with them trying to figure out why it wouldn't work until they escalated it and told me the feature isn't available in ROI.

I can't find it at the moment but it's listed in the t's & C's.
    I had a similar issue with chat. They don't even know about it.

Edit**** found it

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GK6S4CC8545EBQSV&ved=2ahUKEwj6ktm518HsAhXCWhUIHe5zAJUQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw3NTLYD50eZVQgEk_BfhJu7&cshid=1603145795258

"Sharing
    Amazon Household members can share their Amazon Prime delivery benefits, Prime Video (UK residents & streaming only), Kindle Owners’ Lending Library and Prime Early Access. "

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Have mine shared with a colleague in work. Obviously there’s trust involved as we can use each other’s card, etc., but we don’t.
    He has his delivery addresses setup, I have mine.
    We have notifications turned off so we don’t see/hear what the other is getting.
    I’m “based” in the UK, so we have Prime Video shared.
    I also bought a Firestick for the father-in-law, registered it to my account, turned off all notifications, and put a pin on purchases. So he has access to Prime video too!

On top of free delivery, special offers, etc., it’s not bad for £40 a year!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Sarn

Thanks, I wasn’t aware that it was restricted over here. We’ve only set it up so haven’t tried it out yet. Amazon should really make it clearer up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

So I shared mine with the missus but she cannot see my payment card, only hers. Shouldn't my payment card now be an option for her to use in her account?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

Prime video yeah, but Amazon prime you can share most of the benefits, including prime video with family. I looked into that before the OH's father shared his prime with us. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭ice.cube

Thanks, I wasn’t aware that it was restricted over here. We’ve only set it up so haven’t tried it out yet. Amazon should really make it clearer up front.

I used a parcel motel address in the UK, then asked Amazon Customer Service to switch me over to a UK account. No hassle at all, didn’t really question it. I think I set the parcel motel as my billing address afair!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭SB71

Does anyone know iof it's possible to download films,etc on amazon prime app on the nvidia shaield as i cant see any function for this yet i can on my tablet and phone?

Advertisement