Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleep apnea treatments

Options
  • 27-09-2020 5:37pm

(Double-posted in sleep forum)

Hi all,

My husband has been recently diagnosed with moderate sleep apnea and he was recommended a CPAP machine. However, I’m looking for people who have gone down a different route, mainly surgery, with successful results. If anyone can help, I’ll really appreciate that.

Note - I’m not trying to be dismissive or disrespectful, but please don’t reply just with success stories involving the machine or how good and helpful it is. We know all the pros of it and we know how beneficial it is. For reasons that are private, he is looking for information or experience with other options.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭BohToffee

mpif wrote: »
    (Double-posted in sleep forum)

Hi all,

My husband has been recently diagnosed with moderate sleep apnea and he was recommended a CPAP machine. However, I’m looking for people who have gone down a different route, mainly surgery, with successful results. If anyone can help, I’ll really appreciate that.

Note - I’m not trying to be dismissive or disrespectful, but please don’t reply just with success stories involving the machine or how good and helpful it is. We know all the pros of it and we know how beneficial it is. For reasons that are private, he is looking for information or experience with other options.

Thank you.

Hi,
    My SA is bad and at first I HATED the mask kept removing it during the night and I was unaware I was doing it now i use it every night and only occasionally remove it.. what got me using it regularly other than perseverance was a gum shield type device I sourced from a website in the UK, it may be useful for your husband in place of the CPAP. I got a couple of them, found the first perfect but the second hurt my gums.. there is a new model again, no idea how it feels but is worth a shot as a trial run...

Advertisement