Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

can hibiscrub be purchased anywhere?

• 26-03-2018 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Posting this on behalf of my sister. At the moment she is caring for her mum in law who will soon be having surgery (she has a myriad of on going illnesses) and the lady's daughter who is a nurse in the states has recommended that she uses the skinwash Hibiscrub for her personal care before and for a little while after the surgery.
    My sister mentioned this suggestion to the district nurse and she agreed it was a great idea but now I've looked to buy this online I can't find it in any chemist locally. Online I can find it on chemist direct but they won't ship to ireland and it seems to reject my address pal address.
    Does anyone know where I can buy this in ireland or online? Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AvonEnniskerry

I have previously purchased it in chemists.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭bertsmom

Thanks AvonEnniskerry maby I'm just unlucky in the chemists I'm asking in. Just a bit baffled really

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Clair4

Hi , you can buy it in boots and also from pharmacys in Ireland online. My sister suffers from Hidradenitis suppurativa and uses this sometimes.

www.medipharm.ie/hibiscrub-4-w-v-cutaneous-solution.html or www.boots.ie

Clair4 thanks so much. I did try boots online but it wasn't showing up for me but I will nip into a proper bricks and mortar boots shop during the week in Galway. Thank ye both for taking the time to reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Clair4

They should surely have it in stock in Galway but failing that, this link might of use to you

www.dpharmacy.ie

also Amazon stock it too and you could use address pal. Good luck with it.

• Advertisement

Clair4 I've just ordered it online from the medipharm site you mentioned. Thanks so much I've spent two days googling it and I just kept coming up with nothing. Medipharm use An Post for delivery too which really suits me. Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Barberdts.ie
    It's a tattoo supply outfit. Hibiscrub is used in tattooing and piercing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,942 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I have previously purchased it in chemists.

Ditto, I've purchased it from pharmacies on many occasions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭lockman

I use Hibiscrub for a skin condition I have.

My local pharmacy sells it:
    http://havenpharmacy.ie/blog/location/haven-pharmacy-lanes-2/

and they are part of the Havens pharmacy chain. If there is a Havens pharmacy near you, I imagine they will order it for you. One bottle costing ~7 euro will be plenty for you. They say to only use it once in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭palmcut

lockman wrote: »
    I use Hibiscrub for a skin condition I have.

My local pharmacy sells it:
    http://havenpharmacy.ie/blog/location/haven-pharmacy-lanes-2/

and they are part of the Havens pharmacy chain. If there is a Havens pharmacy near you, I imagine they will order it for you. One bottle costing ~7 euro will be plenty for you. They say to only use it once in a while.

You might ask your local pharmacy to order the 5 litre container which is much better value.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If you really can't find that specific brand, ask if they have any other cleanser with the same active ingredient (clorexidine) in the same concentration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,592 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is there any alternative to hibiscrub as seems to be out of stock everywhere at present?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,029 ✭✭✭con747

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is there any alternative to hibiscrub as seems to be out of stock everywhere at present?

Try here
    https://mclaughlins.ie/product/hibiscrub/

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭palmcut

Hibiscrub is back in stock with some of the pharmacy wholesalers.

Advertisement