Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Property Ladder 2020, New Home Owners

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

Have a budget of about 160 to 200k. (Will be buying by myself) Work in Dublin city centre, obviously won't get something there, so I'll be looking further north on the train line, Drogheda probably, which is pushing my "hour from work" rule. But what can I do?

Will probably end up with a three bed semi, ex council built house. Will be some challenges here, crap BER rating among them but at least will be a solidly built house! Hoping for one with a decent garden where I can put up a decent shed as a little workshop. Don't mind a bit of a "doer upper" where it needs modernisation. It needs to be livable though, where I can do a room at a time while I live there.

Have my deposit saved, just going to wait and see what happens with the market, won't be buying until next year.

Lucky in that I'm only paying 400 a a month in rent at the minute and have a job which will not be affected by covid.

https://www.daft.ie/dublin-city/property-for-sale/dublin-5,dublin-city-centre,north-co-dublin,north-dublin-city/?s%5Bmxp%5D=200000&s%5Bmnb%5D=2&s%5Badvanced%5D=1&searchSource=sale
    Over 90 properties with at least 2 beds in the Dublin area in your budget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

brisan wrote: »
    If you look at houses the majority are in Balbriggan (which is little different to Drogheda in terms of train commuter times - the Belfast Dublin express) or in very bad areas in Dublin.

The only decent house outside of the above is one for 190 in Rush (which would be great!), which suffers from pyrite!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭Ticking and Bashing

Are people going for house viewings these days and how are they going for you? the online / virtual viewings are actually quite good and very useful.

There were a few properties I was interested in in Kildare, which had some extensions / modifications etc. Out of curiosity I checked the online county councils planning sections only to find that the planning permissions weren't initially obtained, and planning permission retainers / retention now being applied for! I can imagine the solicitors would check this anyways!

Still trying to get my head around various pricing strategies used. Seeing lots of upward and downward movements on property price register v's asking price!

Advertisement