Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No weather?

Options
  • 15-01-2012 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭

I know there's no such thing really as no weather? But is zero weather just considered the average climate of a certain place then the weather is determined on changes from this? Like is a calm still dull day our zero weather?

I'm sure someone in the world knows what I'm trying to say:o

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Damokc wrote: »
    I know there's no such thing really as no weather?

Got it in one, there's always something happening, the issue that makes it worthy of attention or not is the affect it has on day to day living for the people it's influencing. At this time of the year, there's a good few people here who are desperate to see some cold, ideally snowy weather, and unfortunately, Ireland has not had a history of significant snow in the winter since we've been here, and that's 20 plus years.

Life at this time of the year would be a lot easier for a lot of people if it snowed a bit more often, we don't get the rain or sun enthusiasts on in the summer in the same way, for some reason, the cold potential really cranks some people's cogs. and if it's forecast and then doesn't happen, there are some that get really twisted out of shape, as if it's the forecaster's fault that it's not snowing NOW!

Every day is slightly different, 99% of the time the weather doesn't have a significant negative effect on day to day life, so it's not given a lot of attention. Heavy rain, or strong winds, or snow will get attention, because it has an impact on daily life in some way or another, or in several ways.

So, a hot day, or a cold day, or a wet day, or a combination of several of these could all be seen as zero days, but as soon as an extreme of one or other of the variables happens, it's no longer a zero day, but as you can probably guess from what I've said, there isn't really any such thing as a zero day.

Hope that helps

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

My notion of "no weather" is a day in March that is calm, 10C, slightly gloomy under a flat grey sky and the forecast is for another week of the same :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Joe Public

"No weather" is when the weather forum is just plodding along and not a troll in sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

There's ALWAYS weather. Just got to look a little harder sometimes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,640 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Wild Bill wrote: »
    My notion of "no weather" is a day in March that is calm, 10C, slightly gloomy under a flat grey sky and the forecast is for another week of the same :(

Save for that rainstorm in Dublin and a bit of wind in the North earlier this month, thats quiet an accurate discreption of the weather since Jan 2011:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement