Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Possibility of dent repair?

• 15-01-2021 12:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, with lockdown I don't really want to bring the car in somewhere at the moment but wouldn't mind your opinions on some body work. Someone gave my car two kicks along the side (dirty shoeprint around the dents). I've attached pictures. What do ye reckon are the chances of repair and would it be expensive. Going to be selling the car so don't want to spend a fortune sorting it. Is it something that could be pulled out?

Any help appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

On that nice crease line is the hardest area to repair by PDR, you might get someone to get it pretty close but probably not 100% but that might be enough for you. To get that back absolutely perfect it'll need a bodyshop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Jofspring

On that nice crease line is the hardest area to repair by PDR, you might get someone to get it pretty close but probably not 100% but that might be enough for you. To get that back absolutely perfect it'll need a bodyshop.

Cheers TFB. I'll try price around to see how much it would cost for PDR. Ya it doesn't need to be 100% but if I could get it to look respectable I'd be happy. They are small but really take the look off the car. So annoying that it was a needless act of vandalism.

If anyone could advise on someone in Limerick they've used before it would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

I have similar on the door of my Tiguan and have been quoted 120 for a PDR, just waiting for restrictions to lift to get it done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭saabsaab

This crowd? Paintless mobile dent repairs.

https://www.chipsaway.ie/services/minor-dents/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Whocare

Are they working with lockdown I wonder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,293 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Jofspring wrote: »
    Cheers TFB. I'll try price around to see how much it would cost for PDR. Ya it doesn't need to be 100% but if I could get it to look respectable I'd be happy. They are small but really take the look off the car. So annoying that it was a needless act of vandalism.

If anyone could advise on someone in Limerick they've used before it would be great.

I've used Mr Dent last year and was very with his work on a dent on the rear C pillar my car got from some clown kicking a football. He is based in Annacotty, I watched as he worked on it and it's amazing the skill and technique involved in getting it perfectly removed. You would never know it was there. He only charged me €80 too. Have no problem recommending him.

bazz26 wrote: »
    I've used Mr Dent last year and was very with his work on a dent on the rear C pillar my car got from some clown kicking a football. He is based in Annacotty, I watched as he worked on it and it's amazing the skill and technique involved in getting it perfectly removed. You would never know it was there. He only charged me €80 too. Have no problem recommending him.

Just looked him up there and only got an inactive Facebook page. Could you PM me the number you used to contact him and I'll give him a shout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Just looked him up there and only got an inactive Facebook page. Could you PM me the number you used to contact him and I'll give him a shout.

From Google:
    Mr.Dent
    5.02 Google reviews
    Auto dent removal service in Annacotty
    Address: Woodstown, Annacotty, Co. Limerick
    Hours: Open ⋅ Closes 7 p.m.
    Phone: 087 996 1392

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=mr+dent+limerick

His number is as posted above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

I use this lad on the dock road it was good few years ago but his work was top quality!
    https://m.arturzwierzchowski.vpweb.ie/

Artur sadly passed away last summer. Mr Dent knew him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chippy01

I used this guy only last year. Came out to my workplace for a dent on my wing that covered a wheelarch crease.
    Great work, wouldn't even know that there had been damage on the wing. Very reasonable too.

https://www.expressdentrepair.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

bazz26 wrote: »
    Artur sadly passed away last summer. Mr Dent knew him.
    Jaysus sorry to hear that! Was a decent fella!

Comhra wrote: »

If I'd brains I'd be dangerous. Sound man, cheers.