Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Small van, what to get?

Options
  • 15-01-2021 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi I'm looking at getting a cheap commercial van
    Would a peugeot partner or Volkswagen caddy be big enough to fit most things into ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It depends on the size of the things.

You might struggle with lengths of timber - they’re still a small car sized van in length.

Some vans have a folding bulkhead, some have basically a gate, and some have a fixed bulkhead.
    There’s pros and cons to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭TylerRyan28

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It depends on the size of the things.

You might struggle with lengths of timber - they’re still a small car sized van in length.

Some vans have a folding bulkhead, some have basically a gate, and some have a fixed bulkhead.
    There’s pros and cons to all.

Yeah I was thinking that what about a Nissan primaster
    A friend of mine got one of them off someone for the day before to move things it could fit a large kitchen table and chairs no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It comes down to what you need it for, things like fuel consumption, ease of parking etc are probably factors that you weigh against actually wanting a bigger van.
    Primastar is a size up obviously.

Small van and a trailer, or even a car and trailer might be best of both worlds.

You might find getting insurance difficult for example.

Hi I got a Volkswagen Caddy in the end . Any recommendations to what I can put in the back to keep it tidy and clean so things wont fall all over the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

Yeah I was thinking that what about a Nissan primaster
    A friend of mine got one of them off someone for the day before to move things it could fit a large kitchen table and chairs no problem

Primastar was replaced by nv300.
    I rented one recently, its very cheaply finished inside. The armrest is quite possibly the cheapest thing I've ever seen in any car. Was ok to drive, nothing special.
    I'd go transit myself.

• Advertisement

Primastar was replaced by nv300.
    I rented one recently, its very cheaply finished inside. The armrest is quite possibly the cheapest thing I've ever seen in any car. Was ok to drive, nothing special.
    I'd go transit myself.

I got a Volkswagen Caddy in the end . Any recommendations to what I can put in the back to keep it tidy and clean so things wont fall all over the place.

Advertisement