Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Going to fail NCT retest due to Brexit

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

just out of interest.

What's the story if you turn up for a retest and it fails again on the same thing?

Also re original post, did they fail it dangerous or just fail major?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Spook_ie wrote: »
    just out of interest.

What's the story if you turn up for a retest and it fails again on the same thing?

It said Rear springs Coil springs/tension bar damaged Major, the NCT tester didn't say anything was dangerous. Just a few things were corroded and needed to be fixed, 10 year old Fluence with a lot of miles.
    To be fair it has never given me any real issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,901 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

just out of interest.

You have to do a full test again and something else can fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

Del2005 wrote: »
    You have to do a full test again and something else can fail.
    But are you legal to drive on the road if the tester doesn't slap a "do not drive " on the sheet?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,901 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

But are you legal to drive on the road if the tester doesn't slap a "do not drive " on the sheet?

You can't drive to the centre, a garage or anywhere else if you don't have a current NCT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

My father needed a Renault part. Main dealer had to order from France. Did so last Friday. He got a call this morning to say it arrived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

No.

But many had to do this during the lift crisis and again during the first lockdown. But that was then and this is now. They have had no contingency plan for another lock down or Brexit. So it's business as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭dkd21

just out of interest.

Its a retest again if your within the original 30days . If outside of the 30days its a full test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Passed NCT yesterday, NCT centre not that busy seemed to be all retests, do they do full tests on a Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Luckycharm wrote: »
    Passed NCT yesterday, NCT centre not that busy seemed to be all retests, do they do full tests on a Sunday?

Yes tests carried out Sundays. Some centres are open until near 11pm most days.

• Advertisement

Did mine Sunday. I thought I'd be waiting outside. But they were using the waiting room but socially distant. I was there for about 30-40 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

beauf wrote: »
    Did mine Sunday. I thought I'd be waiting outside. But they were using the waiting room but socially distant. I was there for about 30-40 mins.

How does the key handover and handback work?

Key left in car. Already paid. So nothing to do there. I just cleaned the key when I got it back. Likewise car. Though they use gloves etc.

Advertisement