Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help with Passat b6 77kw 1.9tdi sound.

Options
  • 14-01-2021 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

Well i am experiencing small sound/whistle issue on my passat 1.9tdi 105hp 5 speed. Car is 100% passed nct on first go...my daily driver and my baby

However i have issue with strange sound... first Garage said normal...second garage turbo... Third normal...

Note i have no performance issue or any kind of smoking going... Car is sound...

Happen only on low rpm 1000-1200 once above that the sound its not present.

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Link embedded

If 2 separate garages says it's ok I suppose it could be.
    We'll wait for the diesel men to weigh in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

biko wrote: »
    Link embedded

If 2 separate garages says it's ok I suppose it could be.
    We'll wait for the diesel men to weigh in.

Hopefully...i am gutted...none of the garages of 3 in leitrim had it on ramp..they just looked over it....

I hope someone with more knowledge with pop in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

Be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

Sounds like the turbo spooling down. Sounds like my own PD130.

Sounds like the turbo spooling down. Sounds like my own PD130.

Thanks..i am kinda panicking....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭yamaha4life

Sounds fairly normal, if sound is new check all intecooler quick coupler connections the tabs wear away as miles rack up and can leave very small amount of compressed air past and cause a whistle/hiss without any notable drop in performance

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

The jingling sounds could be tensioner but it is nowhere near bad, turbo sounds as it should, and as it's a vw 1.9 TDI she sounds like she should, a tractor..... Great engine.

Ya be grand op

I have her now for over 40k....estate....09...best car i ever had.. spend 750 last year on dmf and clutch...and planing to keep her for long time.

This sound just appeared recently
    ... So got me panicking and looking for new turbo... As i am not really familiar with the engine...

Tractor sound i dont mind... She eats no oil...and gives amazing milleage.

Visualy the hoses are tight...but i will bring it again to garage and demand check... But i can see them charging me fortune to tell me that they are all ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Bikerguy wrote: »
    I have her now for over 40k....estate....09...best car i ever had.. spend 750 last year on dmf and clutch...and planing to keep her for long time.

This sound just appeared recently
    ... So got me panicking and looking for new turbo... As i am not really familiar with the engine...

Tractor sound i dont mind... She eats no oil...and gives amazing milleage.

Visualy the hoses are tight...but i will bring it again to garage and demand check... But i can see them charging me fortune to tell me that they are all ok.

Obviously we can't say for definite but honestly it wouldn't worry me at all... If it were togeg much louder then get it checked

Advertisement