Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I resolve this. Internet connection. Eir, sky and kn

Options
  • 30-09-2020 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

Last July I contacted eir for a connection, was told it'll only take a week or two to get connected. Engineer called out then was put back a month. Waited a month , no show, put back again. Got on the phone again then was told an engineer would call out again as there was an issue with ducting. Definitely no issues there. Ducting on my site has been there for 10 years or more and no issues with it. Anyway, I took another day off work to meet them.

We went through the process and he said I need 3 poles in the next field and ducting in the same field that goes under live esb cables. He told me it would be best for me to install the ducting as it would take a few more weeks before they do it. Me , next day, got digger and installed the ducting in location marked out. Rubbing hands thinking I'll be getting broadband the next week later. Weeks went by, no shows again!

This went on for another few months then I got pissed off and kept ringing. Engineer called out again days he can't see why I haven't been connected yet because it's a straight forward process. 3 poles in the facing field with good access, connect to the nearest pole then connect to my house through my ducting. Waited another month when they where supposed to call out again to set the poles. No show. This went on for a year.

Someone mentioned contact a different provider as they'll do it quicker. Contacted sky, same process and the same old messing from then aswell. KN group are a joke of a company. This is 2020 and to take over a year to put 3 poles in the ground with easy access and connect the house is a joke. I've now been put back untill November and I know what'll happen then, it'll be the same process getting put back again.

What I want to know, is there anywhere I can go to get this sorted. Go higher than the actual engineers who call out or even higher again. To not get connected for a phone line this length of time is just scandalous. Everywhere you phone, one department to the next and you get nowhere. Badly need internet connection for work and kids homework.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Take a look at some of the suggestions in posts 49 and 76 in this thread. You have my sympathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Move to a reasonably sized town.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭kingbhome

Thoie wrote: »
    Take a look at some of the suggestions in posts 49 and 76 in this thread. You have my sympathy.

So basically I'm fecked! Never seen anything like it. Did you ever get sorted with it

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

kingbhome wrote: »
    So basically I'm fecked! Never seen anything like it. Did you ever get sorted with it
    We had a similar issue they came out put up a pole and then wouldn't carry out any more work saying it was not economical. We tried comreg and multiple TD's but they still refused. We eventually tried vodafone and they had all works carried out within two weeks. We have been with them for 2 years and any minor issues we had were resolved quickly. They would definitely be worth a try. Eir are the worst company out there now.

degsie wrote: »
    Move to a reasonably sized town.

really helpful there. 5 star answer top marks.(pat on the head)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭kingbhome

We had a similar issue they came out put up a pole and then wouldn't carry out any more work saying it was not economical. We tried comreg and multiple TD's but they still refused. We eventually tried vodafone and they had all works carried out within two weeks. We have been with them for 2 years and any minor issues we had were resolved quickly. They would definitely be worth a try. Eir are the worst company out there now.

I tried sky but they said no matter who I use, they'll use kn and will have the same issues because it's eir who own the lines and submit out to KN. If go with anyone now just to get it installed.

I tried sky but they said no matter who I use, they'll use kn and will have the same issues because it's eir who own the lines and submit out to KN. If go with anyone now just to get it installed.

Yes eir owns the lines and yes kn do the work but vodafone can get lines put up if they need to. Its worth a call are you any worse off?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Yes and no. Eventually (maybe Feb/Mar 2019) Virgin turned up (at which point half the road ran out and offered them tea/coffee/hands in marriage), and installed cable along the lovely pre-existing ducts all along the road, was up and running a few days later.

About 2 months after that, an eir salesman turned up at the door saying "congratulations, you can now get fibre!". On questioning, it turned out to be fibre to the cabinet, which had been in situ for over a year, they'd just refused to give it to us. Too little, too late.

I got a notification yesterday that SIRO is apparently now available at my address, but haven't looked into it, the Virgin cable connection is fine.

KN can only process work orders that are issued to them - they have no part in the decision making, so escalating there won't help. OpenEir seem to be the ones that issue the work orders, regardless of what supplier you select.

Advertisement