Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir cancellation

• 11-09-2020 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, maybe someone had a similar situation with eir and will be able to help me.
    The cancellation form was filled by me on the 21st of August so that is 3 weeks already. Nobody contacted me to cease the account. Tried to ring them no help, email them no help only response that agent tried to ring me and that's it. As they are stating I have to give 30 days notice which is nearly due. Any idea how I can get rid of the service? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭1dave123

Hi

Not sure if this is of any help ........... but if you are switching to another provider u don't need to give 30 days notice. If u are cancelling - then yes.

Here are some links to read.

https://www.eir.ie/switching/
    https://www.eir.ie/cancelling/

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Aivenhas

That's the thing, I'm cancelling the service. But it seems that they are ignoring my emails. Their statement is to wait for an agent call which I'm waiting 3 weeks already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Aivenhas wrote: »
    That's the thing, I'm cancelling the service. But it seems that they are ignoring my emails. Their statement is to wait for an agent call which I'm waiting 3 weeks already.

I'm pretty sure, your 30 day notice won't start until you have spoken directly to them.

One thing, don't bother giving any other reason for your cancellation apart from saying you are emigrating. Not another word.

EMIGRATING.

EMIGRATING.

EMIGRATING.

Get that in your head and you will be fine.

Ok - at this stage I would be logging a complaint. Tell them u have been trying to cancel for 21 days but Eir will not engage. As far as you are concerned the 30 days countdown began when u first made contact with eir.

https://www.eir.ie/support/online-forms/log-a-complaint/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭Cameraman

Try Twitter - @eirCare - that's the only way I've been able to get a helpful response.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Macangois16

So frustrating. I wrote a letter 7 weeks ago requesting cancellation. I also filled out the request form. I have made 3 x 1hr+ calls to 1901. Yet im still getting new bills. I work in an extremely busy hospital so when i understandibly missed one call from Eir last week while at work (why can't they ring again) they sent a text basically saying we hope your issue is resolved. It is causing a huge amount of unnecessary stress to an already stressed HSE worker.
    Where do i go from here, Joe Duffy?

https://www.askaboutmoney.com/threads/is-eir-the-worst-company-in-ireland-for-customer-service.218215/page-4#post-1683873

Go to post #67. This person emailed the Eir Ceo direct and got a swift reaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

Hi, maybe someone had a similar situation with eir and will be able to help me.
    The cancellation form was filled by me on the 21st of August so that is 3 weeks already. Nobody contacted me to cease the account. Tried to ring them no help, email them no help only response that agent tried to ring me and that's it. As they are stating I have to give 30 days notice which is nearly due. Any idea how I can get rid of the service? Thanks

1. Block the direct debits at the bank. They will probably be in contact with you after you do this.

2. Also lodge a complaint with Comreg.

3. Email the CEO carolan.lennon@eir.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4 luca.petricca

Hi All

I want to share my frustration for what I am currently experiencing in trying to terminate my contract with eir.
    I started on 6th August filling up the cancellation form with more than 30 days of notice (my contract end date was 09 Sep) and I received the automated e-mail stating that the form was successfully submitted.
    From there, nothing happened for 10 days, when I sent an e-mail on 17 Aug asking the status. They replied asking for the best time to call me, and I immediately replied on the same day. They replied on 18 Aug as follows "I can confirm this has been validated for outbound a member of our team will be contact soon", but nobody did it.
    I sent another e-mail on 28th Aug asking again the status and they said "A member of our team has tried calling the mobile attached to process form. an agent will be in contact soon to process", but it was not true because I haven't received any call, and the number reported on the form was correct (I also reported it again in my e-mail replies to them, just to be sure). I contacted them again on 7th September, because the contract end was approaching (Sep 9th), but since then I haven't received any other reply from them. During all this time I reached out to them in different ways, by call centre (always busy), by Facebook Messenger Chat (they replied 1-2 times and then they ignored me).
    Amost 1 week ago I was desperate, so I went to the eir shop asking to check the status of my contract, and they said "the contract ended on 9th September", so I was happy and I moved ahead with the equipment return, that I did through parcel motel, and I though it was ended there.....I was wrong: 2 days ago I received a notification that my new bill was issued. So I called back immediately the call centre the same day; this time they took my call and replied that they attempted to call me several times...and again I told them that I haven't received any call, so they replied that they would have tried again in the next 24-48 hours. They haven't yet called me back. THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING and I HAVE NEVER HAD AN EXPERIENCE SO BAD LIKE THIS ONE WITH EIR. I have all the e-mail thread and the history of the chats on Messenger proofing all that I stated here.

I am now at 3rd October and I don't know what else to do do stop this nightmare.

Any suggestion?

Thanks
    Luca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

Hi Luca,

Block the Eir direct debit with your bank. With most banks this can be done online. Do this now.

Do a charge back of they charged you after your 30 day notice.

Raise a complaint with Comreg.

You could try emailing the CEO too but others are saying this no longer works.

• Advertisement
Advertisement