Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tullamore living

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Feel free to PM if you wish, I'm from the town and have lived here all my life. There are lots of closer houses for sure

I think you probably intended this for Sue de Nimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭bennyineire

meeeeh wrote: »
    I think you probably intended this for Sue de Nimes.

Opps, you are correct

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Sue de Nimes

Opps, you are correct

I might tap you up when we are close to making an offer on something.

A question for people on the train service from Tullamore. Is there any way to get cheaper train fares for trains from Tullamore? Is it just a single fare with no off peak prices or railcard discounts or anything like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

A question for people on the train service from Tullamore. Is there any way to get cheaper train fares for trains from Tullamore? Is it just a single fare with no off peak prices or railcard discounts or anything like that?

https://www.irishrail.ie/en-ie/rail-fares-and-tickets/fares-info/dublin-galway

I don't know where you're looking at commuting to, but 392 for a monthly ticket from Tullamore to Heuston does represent a saving on single and day return fares, although really only worth it if you're doing 5 days a week.

I might tap you up when we are close to making an offer on something.

If it's for commuting then tax saver will save you a few bob for sure
    https://www.taxsaver.ie/Ticket-Types/Rail-point-to-point-tickets/

But if it's just from time to time best to book on the website most times in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Very worrying development from Arden View yesterday when a man seemingly attempted to abduct a 4 year old child.

Initial reports on offalyexpress.ie were that one person was arrested and one person was in hospital which I read as the abductor was caught in the act and he got a hiding for himself which is not a bit of harm.

However a report on independent.ie doesn't mention anything about an assault just an arrest.

Anyone got any clarity on the story?

I have no inside information but to me it points out to some some family squabble or similar. It's Arden View after all...

I have no inside information but to me it points out to some some family squabble or similar. It's Arden View after all...

So you have no idea but decided to make an assumption purely on the housing estate?

So you have no idea but decided to make an assumption purely on the housing estate?

Yes. Plus the fact that majority of kidnapping incidents are family disputes.

https://www.irishrail.ie/en-ie/rail-fares-and-tickets/fares-info/dublin-galway

I don't know where you're looking at commuting to, but 392 for a monthly ticket from Tullamore to Heuston does represent a saving on single and day return fares, although really only worth it if you're doing 5 days a week.

Wasn't looking at commuting. Just wanted to get an idea of prices. Here in the UK a peak time train ticket to London is £37 but travel off-peak at the weekend with a railcard and that comes down to £12

• Advertisement

Wasn't looking at commuting. Just wanted to get an idea of prices. Here in the UK a peak time train ticket to London is £37 but travel off-peak at the weekend with a railcard and that comes down to £12

There used to be a reduced rate if you travelled after 9am, all promotions seemed to have stopped for the moment (due to Covid).

The one big difference here I guess you don't really get penalized here if you buy your ticket at the station and generally intercity rail travel is much cheaper here in Ireland as a whole.

Promotions will run again next year I suspect when they actually want people to use the service.

Pro Coivid it was common to see €20 return fares from Dublin to Galway or Westport.

Also if I dare to ask your age, if you are over 65 then all travel anywhere on the trains is free

I'm 44 - a long way off 65 still!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Yes. Plus the fact that majority of kidnapping incidents are family disputes.

Well you're wrong this time.

Two stories going around. The abduction one, and the one that the child was in the middle of the road, the man picked her up and carried her to the path. A neighbour seen it and started shouting.
    One man arrested and got a bad hiding yesterday seemingly. If the second story is true, the attacker will be in a bit of bother

A house has come up in "Hophill Grove" or "The Grove" as the agent lists it. I heard someone mention Hophill was "lively" is that somewhere to avoid buying a house?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭240 Robert

Hophill is a nice place to live, mixture of private and some rented houses, well maintained, close to , leisure centre etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Manndy

Hi all, new here so I would appreciate help. Finally got mortgage and looking at tullamore to buy but with house prices winding up like crazy I want to consider if places are safe. We have 2 young children (girls on with mild autism) so I have be sure to get place in safe neighbourhood. There is one house in Columba's place but I heard it's rough. I don't know where to look and don't have 220 k to spend. Please let me know where to look.

Advertisement