Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I have not Ironed a shirt since March

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I've not ironed in years. My wife does it:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I've not ironed in years. My wife does it:)

I should really get one of those, don't think my male partner would be too happy though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,305 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Thanks to the lockdown and work from home routine,
    I have not ironed a shirt since March.
    Can I just say, I am very pleased about this! :D
    I've ironed maybe 8 shirts in 4 years. Job interviews & work xmas parties.

Tumble dry your clothes on cool/medium warm setting, and they come out crease free and dry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

It's not that warm.

From April to September the only time I wear a long trousers is at work.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Wait, so you combine not washing yourself every day with wearing shirts multiple days before washing them?

Obviously! It has always amazed me that some people only wear a shirt or t-shirt once before washing it - such a waste and getting so little wear out of things vs how much they get washed (and therefore more wear on the clothes as washing is so bad for them).

I have always got a least 2 days out of any t-shirt or shirt, in school it would be one change a week for instance and I have never seen any reason to modify this much. Its is just totally normal to wear something two days in a row and as I dont usually wear shirts everyday I will hang one back up in the press after a wear for using at least once more before washing.

To be honest its really only on boards I have seen such craziness when it comes to washing clothes etc, I have purposely watched out in work etc after some of these threads and from my observation it is the norm for people to get two days wear out of a shirt/t-shirt.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Life is too short for ironing. I last ironed in 2007, I reckon (a job I had then required a uniform, is how I can date it).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,630 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

I would say loads have adapted the two-step dressing approach, top half work type shirt as often in online meetings bottom half shorts and sandals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

I'm working from home for the most part, but still make the effort to have my shirts laundered, pressed, and delivered back to me on Sunday for work on Monday. I think it's important that you dress like you would as if you were going to the office. These stories about people wearing a towel and a polo shirt while on a company meeting surprise me. You will quickly start to lose enthusiasm for working from home if you continue to take such simple shortcuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭maherhonda

I havn't shaved my pubes since March.

• Advertisement

I'm working from home for the most part, but still make the effort to have my shirts laundered, pressed, and delivered back to me on Sunday for work on Monday. I think it's important that you dress like you would as if you were going to the office. These stories about people wearing a towel and a polo shirt while on a company meeting surprise me. You will quickly start to lose enthusiasm for working from home if you continue to take such simple shortcuts.

I wear polo shirts or t-shirts when going to work too and in the summer I’d be wearing shorts and runners just better shorts than the more relaxed ones I’d wear working from home.

It’s total rubbish claiming you will lose enthusiasm just because you don’t waste you time dressing as you would in the office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭maherhonda

I just wear jocks, a polo shirt and have the laptop on my lap with my feet up for the day. I'm in meetings roughly two hours of the work day where I will sit at a desk. If I need to to do a bit of excel work the laptop goes gets hooked up to the TV and use a wireless mouse and keyboard.

I'm 10 times more productive working from home than working in the office.

What is this nonsense in bold, not ironing a shirt for work is a simple shortcut. Are you the full shilling? Seriously like.

I really think this is just a comment to say that you get shirts pressed to people.

Advertisement