Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nespresso. Free machine. No subscription

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

893bet wrote: »
    Add 200 x vertuo capsules.

Then add one of the 199euro vertuo machines.

Machine will be free at checkout!

Mod Edit:> https://www.nespresso.com/ie/en/

Any deals on the Vertuo at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 943

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    Any deals on the Vertuo at the moment?

https://www.nespresso.com/ie/en/offers/vertuo-promotion

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Vertuo machines back to €99 with 100 free capsules (10 sleeves), on the Nespresso IE website.

Slightly cheaper on Amazon at £80

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07PD9ZMKT/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_fabt1_dlC_weWPFb46X3Q6J

Plus 2 months free if you want to sign up for a sub, not required though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Signed up for the old style machine on subscription this week. Seems like a good deal, given that we had a machine and always do buy capsules direct. We got a €180 machine for €1 plus 25 a month charge. If we leave before the 2 years then we pay for the machine. Happy with that as have had a machine for years anyway.

Didn’t go for Vertuo as capsules are a lot more expensive and we’re happy with the classic for now . Hopefully they don’t discontinue the pods anytime soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭garrettod

sillysocks wrote: »
    Signed up for the old style machine on subscription this week. Seems like a good deal, given that we had a machine and always do buy capsules direct. We got a €180 machine for €1 plus 25 a month charge. If we leave before the 2 years then we pay for the machine. Happy with that as have had a machine for years anyway.

Didn’t go for Vertuo as capsules are a lot more expensive and we’re happy with the classic for now . Hopefully they don’t discontinue the pods anytime soon.

I did the exact same a few months ago, as my old machine was starting to leak, and had been with me for years.

The new machine feels a little lighter on quality tbh and there's something funny about the water container, it's a slightly different shape.

You'll notice with your new machine that it's programmed to put a bit less water in the cup. I actually suspect that they've also reduced the coffee in each capsul, so have also reduced the water, so the coffee doesn't taste a bit watery.

I'll be interested to see what you think, when you get your new machine.

Thanks,

G.

garrettod wrote: »
    I did the exact same a few months ago, as my old machine was starting to leak, and had been with me for years.

The new machine feels a little lighter on quality tbh and there's something funny about the water container, it's a slightly different shape.

You'll notice with your new machine that it's programmed to put a bit less water in the cup. I actually suspect that they've also reduced the coffee in each capsul, so have also reduced the water, so the coffee doesn't taste a bit watery.

I'll be interested to see what you think, when you get your new machine.

We already got the machine, delivery was really fast! Am happy with it.
    You know that you can program the buttons to release as much water as you want from each one?

We got a Citiz which is bigger than our old one and actually feels better quality, it’s black and chrome and seems very sturdy. Our old one was dripping slightly too but was quite old and well used so didn’t owe us anything! We always use the stronger capsules and haven’t noticed them any more watery lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I ended up buying an older nespresso machine from Amazon warehouse in September. I paid €58, didn’t get any promos of free coffee. The machine was perfect. There was a mark on the box like as if a sticker had been pulled on it.
    I am delighted with it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭893bet

Hard to fault Nespresso CS.

My machine broke after 3-4 months. Rang them. They collected it for repair 4 days later and dropped off a replacement machine during repair. Returned two weeks later.

Repair didn’t last a month. Again the arranged for collection and drop of replacement machine. Then they emailed to say they weren’t going to bother. Dump the old machine and a new one was on the way.

Must be profit in the coffee....

Mr.S wrote: »
    Definitely. We spend a small fortune on the pods now with lockdown / working from home.

Yep! We were a bit shocked when we added it up when we were checking for the subscription what our normal spending about would be. At least the classic pods are a bit cheaper, and cheaper again than all the takeaways (although don’t think Nespresso replaces a nice coffee out, a good stop gap though).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭greasepalm

One does collect a lot of machines just to make coffee,pods,pods and more pods expensive way and the plastic we dump.

https://www.evergreen-capsules.com/products/capsule-nespresso

https://www.shopcoffee.co.uk/product/brewing-equipment/aeropress/aeropress-coffee-maker/

Wonder how many other ways we can save.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭893bet

greasepalm wrote: »
    One does collect a lot of machines just to make coffee,pods,pods and more pods expensive way and the plastic we dump.

https://www.evergreen-capsules.com/products/capsule-nespresso

https://www.shopcoffee.co.uk/product/brewing-equipment/aeropress/aeropress-coffee-maker/

Wonder how many other ways we can save.

Nespresso pods are aluminium. And recycled by I assume most users?

It’s only most of the cheap generics are plastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Must check mine as i thought they were plastic,good to know and empty out contents first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Del007

Most people that I know just throw them in the bin, sad but true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

Del007 wrote: »

I used to have a Tassimo and the amount of plastic I was throwing in the bin sickened me so I switched to a DeLonghi bean-to-cup. My switch might have been made a little bit easier by the Argos deal I got a few years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭goose06

Mr.S wrote: »
    Nespresso also provide recycling bags that you can bring back to them, or you can put them into any Parcel Motel for free, or have them collect it when they deliver other pods. We do it about once a month, effortless.

Or, you can cut them open, get rid of the coffee grounds, give a wash and then put them in the green bin (I think).

We'd be the same, order pick up of bags of used pods everytime we order, pure laziness not to get them picked up & recycled from your house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭garrettod

Del007 wrote: »

That's sad to hear.

It's no big deal to collect the empties in the bags, then have them collected at the same time as you get your coffee delivered.

I see it as being almost as simple as putting stuff in the green bin, so think it's something that we can all easily do, to help the environment a little.

Thanks,

G.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

garrettod wrote: »
    That's sad to hear.

It's no big deal to collect the empties in the bags, then have them collected at the same time as you get your coffee delivered.

I see it as being almost as simple as putting stuff in the green bin, so think it's something that we can all easily do, to help the environment a little.

We put the empties in the bag and then take them to BT.

It makes me smile no end to think I'm bringing my rubbish into BRown Thomas for them to deal with.

Small, pathetic victories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,870 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Thread title is misleading, has this "bargain alert" expired?

Mods, perhaps mark it expired please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

Can't get this to work, expired I presume?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,870 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Seems to be... needs to be tagged as so

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Liamo57

Free machine and they will put a saddle on you and ride you bareback for the capsules. Women will buy them in their droves and fair play to the young marketing chap who came up with this. I'd give him instant promotion. Houses all over Ireland will be getting them as Christmas presents, west Kerry won't know what him them. Thousands of them will be for sale on Done Deal around May when the husband finds out his wife has been rode crossways

Advertisement