Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOSE QuietComfort QC35 II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

cronos wrote:
    I don't think so. This is from having discussed it with an ENT consultant from the Matter.

The main causes listed are exposure to loud noises, trauma, infections and blockage. Your ENT has nothing to back up their unscrupulous claims. It's very unprofessional of them to even mention that noise cancelling headphones causes tinnitus.

Irish medicine... lol.
    Thoie wrote:
    If you use these "wired", does the battery last longer? Or is the battery going on the NC, rather than on the bluetooth?

Supposedly, yes. Picked up a pair of QC 35 ii recently in Sydney airport for €220. 20 hours wireless and 40 hours wired. You lose the noise cancelling but can still listen to music wired.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭hoganj

If you are considering the Bose QCII then you should also consider the Sony WH-1000XM3.
    I found them in Germany in-store in www.saturn.de for €30 less than the bose (€269).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭Ardent

cronos wrote: »
    Just a warning to people on here. I have developed tinnitus from buying the https://www.sony.ie/electronics/headband-headphones/mdr-100abn

I never had any hearing problems before, but within about 3 weeks I had tinitus. Just woke up one morning and it was there. Doubt it's Bose specific. Something to avoid if you can, as there is no cure.

I have those headphones a year and a half now and never had any issues with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Loving mine so far! Any other accessories for these worth knowing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

zweton wrote: »

What possible accessories could you put with a pair of headphones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭ablelocks

7970339_R_Z001A?$Web$&$DefaultPDP570$

jojo bow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

lol i want those!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Reduced to cheapest price in a while on Amazon Spain according to hduk

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

sweetie wrote: »
    Reduced to cheapest price in a while on Amazon Spain according to hduk

They're gone back up to €287.. looks like €252 was the cheapest they got. Delighted with my timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Yet to experience any ringing in ears or anything like that mentioned in the article. Then again most of the days I only use it for couple of hours. Dont really use it for long hours.

That's cool.

I have been reading a few cases with tinnitus being caused by ANC.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/tinnitus-after-using-noise-cancelling-headphones.28764/page-2

Could be purely anecdotal evidence. But you never know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

CyberGhost wrote: »
    That's cool.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/tinnitus-after-using-noise-cancelling-headphones.28764/page-2

I went through the thread. Hard to pin point, some people think ANC is the trigger while there's this guy who got it with Bose soundlink which are not ANC.

Better to use the headphones in moderation with or without ANC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Chiparus

CyberGhost wrote: »
    That's cool.

There is a huge difference between association and causation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

€249 on amazon.de and have been for at least 2 days now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Anyone try this with the QC25? Seems like a decent alternative to the Airmod and my wife is in the US next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

If you use the Bose QuietComfort on a tv you get significant audio latency ?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭jv2000

If you use the Bose QuietComfort on a tv you get significant audio latency ?

I have used my QC35IIs on an LG OLED C8 and unfortunately, I did note some latency. This was extremely disappointing as when I use my other method of pairing them with my Nvidia Shield there is absolutely no lag and they work perfectly. I also never had any latency issues with my iPad of Pixel 2xl. Based on this I am tempted to say that it is the LG TV that is the problem and not the headphones themselves which have been flawless on everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭eko

I have a set of QC 35 II for a while now. I watch a lot of stuff on YouTube on my iPad and the latency is quite significant for me compared to, say, my BeatsX, which of course are not ANC. Weirdly, the latency is only on the YouTube app; if I watch YouTube on Safari the latency is very minimal, and the same goes for movies bought on iTunes via the Movies app. This seems to suggest that the Apple apps (Safari, Movies) are compensating for the lag somehow but the YouTube app is not.

Anyone else see this? For normal use the QC 35 II are awesome, especially in the noisy office I am in. Just that the latency wasn't so high in some situations.

jv2000 wrote: »
    I have used my QC35IIs on an LG OLED C8 and unfortunately, I did note some latency. This was extremely disappointing as when I use my other method of pairing them with my Nvidia Shield there is absolutely no lag and they work perfectly. I also never had any latency issues with my iPad of Pixel 2xl. Based on this I am tempted to say that it is the LG TV that is the problem and not the headphones themselves which have been flawless on everything else.

I should also add that I have used these headphones with a TaoTronics bluetooth transmitter on non-bluetooth TVs and there was no issue with sound lag relative to the picture. So once again I would suggest that the issue I am having with the LG tv is LGs problem and not Bose's.

eko wrote: »
    I have a set of QC 35 II for a while now. I watch a lot of stuff on YouTube on my iPad and the latency is quite significant for me compared to, say, my BeatsX, which of course are not ANC. Weirdly, the latency is only on the YouTube app; if I watch YouTube on Safari the latency is very minimal, and the same goes for movies bought on iTunes via the Movies app. This seems to suggest that the Apple apps (Safari, Movies) are compensating for the lag somehow but the YouTube app is not.

Anyone else see this? For normal use the QC 35 II are awesome, especially in the noisy office I am in. Just that the latency wasn't so high in some situations.

That is a very interesting observation about Youtube, I must test it out. My experience is all based on the Netflix app which has been perfect for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭eko

jv2000 wrote: »
    That is a very interesting observation about Youtube, I must test it out. My experience is all based on the Netflix app which has been perfect for me.

Nice! I just tried Netflix app on the iPad there and indeed the latency (from a quick visual look at spoken dialog) seems to be pretty good too. It's weird; I cannot tell if these apps are aware of latency and are compensating the audio delay for it or something else is happening.

Also just tried there on Windows 10 using YouTube in Chrome and there is a distinct latency there. Must try the Windows Netflix app later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Not the cheapest cheapest price, but Harvey Norman have a 1 day sale today, and are selling them for €296 (normal price €329 with an extra 10% off). Just in case anyone doesn't want to wait for the postman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Thoie wrote: »
    Not the cheapest cheapest price, but Harvey Norman have a 1 day sale today, and are selling them for €296 (normal price €329 with an extra 10% off). Just in case anyone doesn't want to wait for the postman.

FFS, literally just picked them up in Harvey Norman yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

shrewdness wrote: »

If it helps, I just paid the €329 a few days ago too!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

shrewdness wrote: »

Buy one more then return the new one on old receipt ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Mine arrived today:
    1. Nice build....
    2. That pressure feeling is horrible... my ears definitely do now feel strange... only used for a minute... I could see how they could mess with someone’s hearing
    3. Right headphone was broken/ will be returning/ looking for refund/no replacement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Boradriver

The quality control on these is awful. Only saving grace is that Bose give great customer support. I've had 4 faulty sets before giving up. First two had a buzzing noise in the left earcup, third was physically damaged on the hinge inside the box and the last one had a bluetooth issue.

Issues can happen with anything, I was just left surprised that so many units had problems for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭comerla

I was in Harvey Norman last week and the lads were saying Bose’s quality has gone way down. They are getting loads of returns. I had to return a set of sound sport free - 200 euros worth bought 4 months ago. Rather than give me a replacement they had to be sent to Belgium and I won’t get them back for at least 2 weeks - and the lads in HN warned me there’s a good chance it will take longer.

I will not buy Bose again. For 200 euro I expect a product that works and flawless customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

zweton wrote: »

https://www.bose.ie/en_ie/products/headphones/headphone_accessories/quietcomfort-headphones-airline-adapter.html#v=qc_airlineadapter_acc_black

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

€249 on amazon.de and have been for at least 2 days now.

aand quite happy with that! Pulling the trigger at last!

Surely it can't drop lower! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Advertisement