Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ferm CDM1115 18V Li-ion Cordless Combi Drill With 2 x Batteries,

• 01-04-2016 3:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Ferm CDM1115 18V Li-ion Cordless Combi Drill With 2 x Batteries, Charger & Case, 45 sterling. Amazon uk

Nice quality drill and has some power of 38nm of torque.Approx €65
    price varies from €145 to €120 elsewhere.
    looked at woodies, screwfix .To me seems like a good deal for my DIY jobs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

DERICKOO wrote: »
    Ferm CDM1115 18V Li-ion Cordless Combi Drill With 2 x Batteries, Charger & Case, 45 sterling. Amazon uk

Nice quality drill and has some power of 38nm of torque.Approx €65
    price varies from €145 to €120 elsewhere.
    looked at woodies, screwfix .To me seems like a good deal for my DIY jobs.

Have been looking for a good cordless deal. Thanks op.
    Hope its not an oversized parcel according to PM.

Edit : it should fit in one of the larger lockers. Had forgotten about those!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

Slevster wrote: »
    Have been looking for a good cordless deal. Thanks op.
    Hope its not an oversized parcel according to PM.

Says they deliver to Ireland.

EDIT: Link for anyone else interested.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ferm-CDM1115-Cordless-Batteries-Charger/dp/B00SH5UR4Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1459526077&sr=8-1&keywords=Ferm+CDM1115+18V+Li-ion+Cordless+Combi+Drill+With+2+x+Batteries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭billbond4

davo2001 wrote: »
    Went up to 96 gbp with Ireland selected, used dpd parcel wizard for delivery instead for 45gbp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

Happy some people got use of this,apparently they are a dutch company.Quality seems to be on par with SKILL Tools.Mine is in Dublin with PM at the present i quess will have to wait till Monday for delivery.

Came across this also. DEWALT 18V CORDLESS LITHIUM COMBI HAMMER DRILL XR BODY ONLY
    stg 26.68 battery and charger stg 76.83 very very cheap for a DEWALT.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/DEWALT-CORDLESS-LITHIUM-COMBI-HAMMER/dp/B00T7UCIYA?ie=UTF8&m=A2MM3X7K725KZS&qid=1459609270&ref_=sr_1_13&s=merchant-items&sr=1-13

THIS 32.99 Free delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Came across this also. DEWALT 18V CORDLESS LITHIUM COMBI HAMMER DRILL XR BODY ONLY
    stg 26.68 battery and charger stg 76.83 very very cheap for a DEWALT.

Thanks, got a link or site?

Charge for parcel was €3.95

This drill arrived this morning and the quality is excellent even the box it is supplied with has metal clasps and rig-et plastic case.Charged in 54 min fully.Chuck is metal twist.I would have liked a higher amp rating but for DIY and at €61.50 total inc PARCEL MOTEL. Where can you get a good quality drill for less. Happy camper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Marhay70

This drill arrived this morning and the quality is excellent even the box it is supplied with has metal clasps and rig-et plastic case.Charged in 54 min fully.Chuck is metal twist.I would have liked a higher amp rating but for DIY and at €61.50 total inc PARCEL MOTEL. Where can you get a good quality drill for less. Happy camper.

The amp rating just reflects how long you can use the drill for while drawing a set amount of current. For instance, if you are drawing 1amp, say by drilling in wood with a large diameter wood bit, then a charge should last 1.3 hours. It doesn't reflect the quality or power of the drill, torque and speed are much more relevant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Thanks OP. Was on the look out for something similar, and had a few in my basket watching prices. Pulled the trigger on this one, using PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭bunderoon

Anyone having troubles now with their charger? When I put either battery in the charger LED goes red and then starts flickering after a few seconds.
    If I take the batter out, the charger LED goes green (as it should) but if I lightly tap my finger in the charger, it flashes between red and green.

Opened it up and no obvious signs of damage. All components 'look' fine. No bulging caps and have tested the resistors and they do give an ohm reading - I haven't cross checked the reading with the resistor rating yet.

Anyway, anyone else having problems with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

bunderoon wrote: »
    Anyone having troubles now with their charger? When I put either battery in the charger LED goes red and then starts flickering after a few seconds.
    If I take the batter out, the charger LED goes green (as it should) but if I lightly tap my finger in the charger, it flashes between red and green.

Opened it up and no obvious signs of damage. All components 'look' fine. No bulging caps and have tested the resistors and they do give an ohm reading - I haven't cross checked the reading with the resistor rating yet.

Anyway, anyone else having problems with it?

Had the very same issue. Started during the summer. Did the same as yourself (opening the charger. Not seeing anything obvious amiss.)
    So, last time, I just gave each of the components a wee shove, and it seemed to do the trick. Must be a loose solder/ connection but not an obvious one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rod7

Hi, I've a Ferm 18v - CDM1115 cordless drill which I really need a charger for. I've joined the discussion in the hope that maybe someone could assist. I contacted Ferm - but no response. I've also in a desperate attempt purchased a CDA1080S charger hoping this would work, however no success. If possible can anyone assist, many thanks Rod.

Advertisement