Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airwick car air freshener 10c in halfords

• 10-05-2014 10:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭

Picked up a few of these Air Freshners in Halfords in Blanchardstown this morning. Reduced from €6.49 to 10 cent! :eek:
    There was only about 2 left when I was leaving and not sure if the other Halfords are running the same reduction but worth a look

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

Just after buying all the stock in Liffey Valley too. Sorry
    €77.88 worth for €1.20 :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭rman2727

Thanks, just picked up some in Navan, plenty of stock there. Might be worth scanning around the air freshener section as they have other brands reduced to .10c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Was just over in halfords, Carlow. None in stock, nor did they know anything about it :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

fletch wrote: »
    Just after buying all the stock in Liffey Valley too. Sorry
    €77.88 worth for €1.20 :-)

Should I expect you to be selling all of these on adverts shortly? Seriously does your car smell that bad that you need 20 airfresheners?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Just got all 33 of them available in blanch . They must have restocked the shelves after you left OP. :) 3 euro 30 cent :D
    Off to adverts I go. Thanks OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

^^ Anymore left in blanch?

coldfire1x wrote: »
    ^^ Anymore left in blanch?

Afraid not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭deegs

y'all must have stinky cars... or are you planning to leave a stinky fish in the back to make the most of the 'bargin' :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Seriously, who needs that many air fresheners? Did you just want to make sure nobody else got any?

phasers wrote: »
    Seriously, who needs that many air fresheners? Did you just want to make sure nobody else got any?

What's the problem? Item for sale in shop at a certain price. I buy said item. It's not like I robbed them.

• Advertisement

This springs to mind - Skip to 1:35

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

You get two types of people in this situation. Those who buy what they need and leave some for others, and then there are those who clear the shelves. Different mindsets.

Little point in arguing with anyone. And lets be honest they are just car air fresheners. I personally can't stand them.

I think the big problem I have is "Here's a bargain alert" but wait I bought them all so there is none left for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Shelves are cleared in Galway too. Store assistant said one individual bought up almost the whole stock!!! Serious selfish gits out there! Why not take what you need only!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bars

5 per customer in Wexford.:-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭Soarer

bars wrote: »

Surely that's a good thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭breeno

This thread is the perfect example of what's great and what's terrible about bargain alerts! 33 air fresheners! The mind boggles....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

None left in Airside Swords by 1pm yesterday. Picked up a spray version for 10 cent.

bars wrote: »

How many did you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bars

zarquon wrote: »
    How many did you want?

Couple hundreds if that suit you....
    I was with friend of mine and he asked me to buy few for him as he didn't have a wallet.Gave him 50 cent and problem sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

Just got all 33 of them available in blanch . They must have restocked the shelves after you left OP. :) 3 euro 30 cent :D
    Off to adverts I go. Thanks OP

Wow. People blatantly coming here to make a profit should be banned. It goes against the spirit and purpose of bargain alerts. I bet there's people out there that don't bother to post alerts anymore due to members like this

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭djmj

Liffey Valley - Halfords Air Wick Car Air Freshner - New car aroma maybe 5 left 2 hours ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭skinny90

Absolute gem of a deal. I assume their just clearing out stock.its probably limited to certain stores.plenty in Sligo! Decided not to be too greedy and buy just five :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭Invincible

There was athread about it here last night, posters saying they had cleared the shelves for themselves.

Invincible wrote: »
    There was athread about it here last night, posters saying they had cleared the shelves for themselves.

There's loads in Sligo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭slavedave

Blanchardstown now sold out - I bought the last one. Even the cashier said that she bought 6 of them for herself! Excellent BA. Thank you OP.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

None in Limerick today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Mahon point was cleared out aswell. About 10 to 12 rows empty

I bought 5 in Sligo there is loads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

MarkR wrote: »
    None in Limerick today.

None of the posted ones, but on a hunch i tried the sprayer version and it was also 10c. Got a vanilla and 3 citrus for 40c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

skinny90 wrote: »
    Absolute gem of a deal. I assume their just clearing out stock.its probably limited to certain stores.plenty in Sligo! Decided not to be too greedy and buy just five :-)

Is it just the vanilla scented ones reduced in Sligo?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

phill106 wrote: »
    None of the posted ones, but on a hunch i tried the sprayer version and it was also 10c. Got a vanilla and 3 citrus for 40c.

Damnit! I had that in my hand and put it down. Any left?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭boardzz

Plenty of stock left in Galway this morning. I got all 28 on the shelf and asked if they had more in the stock room. In total I got 62 at the bargain price of 6.20.
    There is 0 left if anyone is thinking of trying there now.
    How great am I?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

boardzz wrote: »
    Plenty of stock left in Galway this morning. I got all 28 on the shelf and asked if they had more in the stock room. In total I got 62 at the bargain price of 6.20.
    There is 0 left if anyone is thinking of trying there now.
    How great am I?

Well done! Put em all in at once you deserve it!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭AlwaysAnyTime

Bought 20,000 of them in Blanch for just €2,000. Should keep me going for a few years.

• Advertisement

Seems this promotion is not just Halfords only. I'd happily give more info but too many greedy people on this thread so happy hunting elsewhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

The vanilla ones are horrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭deegs

Just looking online... seems the vapour can melt some dash interiors... ouch.... did ye keep your receipts for returns?

deegs wrote: »
    Just looking online... seems the vapour can melt some dash interiors... ouch.... did ye keep your receipts for returns?

Hmmm, seems like a good reason for the Air Wick clear out. They are practically giving them away for free.

Edit: More info here. Quite a few reports of melting dashboards!! Best to avoid these air fresheners.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1673401

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/archive/index.php/t-290849.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

Just got all 33 of them available in blanch .
    deegs wrote: »
    Just looking online... seems the vapour can melt some dash interiors... ouch....

Kaizersose81 at this moment...
    Souverein-_9600_450.jpg

• Advertisement

I'll keep an eye out for Boardszz, he should be the one with with a malformed dashboard.#

There had to be a catch for a company to sell off their stock like that for practically nothing.

Mugatuu wrote: »
    Is it just the vanilla scented ones reduced in Sligo?

No I got citrus also.

Advertisement