Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€12.99 for 3 months unlimited dvd rentals with Screenclick.com

• 22-03-2011 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

http://www.boardsdeals.ie/

I know that there are a few of these sites around now, with lidl and an Post both setting up sites that send dvds via screenclick.

They have a good selection but can anyone comment on the wait times involved for dvds?
    Some examples of people's experiences with how long between sending back and receiving a new dvd would be nice..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Banshee2003

Im sure I got a months trial bronze membership off them for free before, doesnt sound like the greatest deal to me. Oh and word of warning..... when my trial was up they tired to make out that I never returned the last dvd I rented back to them which I had , luckily for me i had sent said dvd back to them by recorded just to be safe so they were up ****s creek so to speak ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

I'm under the impression that you can only use a sign up offer once though.
    eg If I used the offer you got, then I couldn't use the screenclick offer at a later date. (unless maybe with multiple emails but I'm not sure about this)

I presume you can use the offers for screenclick, lidl and an post but the appeal of the boardsdeals one is that three months is a decent amount of time. Did you get through many dvds in the month?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I've been a customer for over a year. I am on the 1 DVD at a time package. Generally speaking their turn around times are really good. For example If I have a DVD in the mail before 5PM on a monday say, I'll have my next DVD on wed morning. All going well you could see 2 a week.

Also, when I contacted them about a DVD I really wanted to see ASAP, they more or less sent it to me straight away even though I had a DVD from them already.

Their trials are a no brainer, go for it. If they appear slow in turning DVDs around let them know and they will sort it out I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭billyhead

Just a couple of questions about this. Are you responsible for arranging to send back your dvd i.e pay postal charges etc. Also if you decide to cancel your contract after 3 months would these be the type to bombard you with marketing material and do you have to pay by credit card for the deal? Would they potentially withdraw money from your account illegitimitely

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gomara

Hi I've been using Screenclick for several years and find the service good. I'm on the 2 at a time and I find the DVD are send promptly. All come in post paid envelopes, all you have to do is reseal and return. Once you keep a number of titles in thw quque youll be fine. As i'm so long with them i sometimes find it hard to get stuff i havent seen, but new members wont have that issue. I find I get on average 6-7 DVDS a month, allowing for times I dont get to watch them for a few days. Posting one back usually means you get another 3 days later.

• Advertisement
Advertisement