Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky digi link €12.99

Options
  • 20-05-2003 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭

Available for €12.99 in Powercity, Dublin , allows you to control your Sky digital box from another room, this is less than half the price its available anywhere else that ive seen.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭xen

thats a ****ing steal thinks i'll be picking up a couple!!!!
    Thanks man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Its free when you buy a Sky remote in power City.
    Which is an even better bargain.
    One of the packages has it inside for free.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I'm getting Sky Digital next week and this thing sounds good but what actually is it?

If I change a channel from upstairs will the channel downstairs also change or can I watch a film on Sky Movies upstairs and a Premiership match downstairs at the same time?

Is there any websites with this digilink on it, so I can see what it looks like?

Also, could you recommend anything that would be useful to buy for Sky Digital?

I can't wait for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Mark_irl

Eire boy, it just means you can watch sky digital on two different tv's, but has to be the same channel, just handy if you have a tv away from the where the digibox is and want to be able to change the channels from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭muffinhead

what do you need to work the digilink?

do you just plug it into your tv or aerial and its ready to go? or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

I have a crappy telly upstairs and sky digital downstairs now would that work with this digilink doohickey, does there need to be cable etc etc

Regards

Shin

Basically theres two outputs on your sky digibox, output 2 is the one you use it on, you need good quality cable running from this output to the 2nd tv, the digilink plugs into your tv, or video and then the cable into it, and thats it, gets its power from the digibox. Doesnt mater how old your tv is Shinzon. Easy to set up and works well, instructions come with them as sometimes you have to activate the 2nd output to supply power to it, but its also a simple process. Powercity is by far the cheapest place to purchase these, if you are not near one I could help you out.

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭cygnet

Purchased a digi link works OK except when I Plug in into my aeriel seems to loose the signal or shorts ! do I need a Bypass kit ?? and if so where will I get one ??

I rang up Power City and they told me the Digilinks are only 2 metres long, can you increase the length with extra cable or someting?

Eireboy - The cable that Powercity are refering to is the cable that runs from the didgilink unit that plugs into the back of your tv or video, and a small remote censor that you place at the front of tv or video or any where within the lenght of the lead, then you plug your tv coax into the sky digilink and run that to wherever you need it, mine is about 20 mtrs from the sky digital box, Cygnet - check theres no shorts on the plugs at the end of the coax, other than that cant understand whats wrong,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭cygnet

Mark - apologies if my question was confusing - I have only one cable running to my back room that carries Cablelink and satellite its when I connect the cablelink to the digilink cable that I loose the red light on the digi link ! A short ? courtesy of cablelink A lot of hassle to run a second cable now would a bypass ?? do and where could I get one ,,,

Des

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

cygnet - do you have a cable running from the RF2 connector of your digibox to your second tv?

i set mine up a few days ago and i had to run a seperate cable to carry the digital signal, then connect the digilink and tune in the station on the tv and it worked like a charm.

http://www.remotecontrolunits.co.uk/Samson_Digi_Link_small.jpg

Cable from SKy box goes into link and then the link goes into your TV , the triangle sits atop your TV and when you change channels it sends the signal back down the cable to your sky box and thats it.

kdjac

its not very long. I need something about 30feet long.

Go to Currys and buy the JVC gold plated coaxial cables its superb no picture loss or quality loss ,its about €35 for 10m which is alright for quality cabling.

kdjac

Advertisement