Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad Air

Options
  • 09-05-2014 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭

I pad air 16gb for 370 quid on iBood now, I know some people don't like this site but I never had a problem. Delivery can be a bit slow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The expected shipping date of this product is 26 May 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

And it will be a week or so after that you will get it, I normally have to wait any where between 3 or 4 weeks for stuff to arrive but I always get it.

I've been on the fence about buying one of these since they were introduced, not exactly sure what I'd use it for, games and browsing would probably be it. The storage size is a joke, I've an ipod from 2003 with more space. Tempted at €100 off though .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Is a Nexus 7 2013 not much better value though? The 32GB version should be about €100 cheaper...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

ionapaul wrote: »
    Is a Nexus 7 2013 not much better value though? The 32GB version should be about €100 cheaper...

Well it's a 7 inch tablet vs a 9,7 inch, that's the main difference in price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,954 ✭✭✭Doge

They're going cheap enough on amazon too from stores eLife and uLike.
    Fulfilled by amazon.
    The 32GB is €500 with free delivery to the UK.

That's almost the same price as a 16GB direct from apple so you're saving about 100 euro.

You will need to use Parcel Motel as they don't ship to Ireland. Don't forget to buy extra insurance from Parcel Motel for €3.50

€100 for an extra 16gb is robbery, they're already making huge margins on them as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭dermiestv

If you don't mind Apple refurbs to save a bit of money, then look at http://www.refurb.me.

You can set alerts for the model you're after.

Comtech.de also have a refurb iPad Air for €375. Shipping is another €15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

What exactly is the problem with iBlood? I want an iPad Air and this is a good price. I don't mind waiting on delivery.

Are they bad for customer service or something?

I never had a problem maybe I was just lucky the waiting is my only gripe. I normally just order larger items as the delivery price for a 50inch tv is the same as a memory stick, so the smaller cheaper items don't work out any cheaper than a shop.
    There are a number of threads here on board's about ibood if you have a search around. My last big purchase was a TV and I had it in 3 weeks.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭dunleas

Have used them several times with no issues, and I've pulled the trigger on the Air that's good value

Dear iBOOD’er,

This weekend you have ordered the Apple iPad Air, for which we are grateful.

Unfortunately, you have been informed with an incorrect specification. The tablet is an ‘Opened box’ version. This means that the package of the iPad you have ordered has been opened and therefore the seal has been broken. However, the product has been checked for defects and meets all requirements for sale. The warranty remains the same; 1 year by Apple.

The other specifications remain the same as stated on the website.

If you do not want the product with the new specifications, which we would regret, you have the option to cancel your order free of charge. Please refer to your 'My iBOOD’Account, Section> My Orders> see order number for a service request. You have the ability to directly enter your financial details and the full purchase amount will be refunded within 5 to 10 days on your bank account.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Nevertheless, we hope to have informed you accordingly.

IBOOD, behalf of the whole team, we wish you a nice day!

With best regards,

iBOOD Customer Service
    Blatant false advertising. Had a feeling that price was too good to be true. What if I get it covered in scratches?

ShaneU wrote: »
    Blatant false advertising. Had a feeling that price was too good to be true. What if I get it covered in scratches?

I have cancelled my order.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Pretty sure they pulled a similar stunt recently, with some expensive electronics, a TV or something.

byte wrote: »
    Pretty sure they pulled a similar stunt recently, with some expensive electronics, a TV or something.

Yes I recall again ibood stating a product was new but then having to clarify it was a refurbishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,954 ✭✭✭Doge

After this revelation the better bargain to be had is on amazon.

Advertisement