Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

275euros Shannon to New York Sept 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Worth checking Dublin too, I got the same price for Dublin to NYC with Delta (€277)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

If anyone is going to take up this deal, this pod hostel is about the cheapest, best value accommodation available.
    https://www.thepodhotel.com/pod-51/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

If anyone is going to take up this deal, this pod hostel is about the cheapest, best value accommodation available.

:confused: its quoting $200 for a 7m2 room with shared bathroom down the hall for a random Tuesday night in October :confused:

Surely better value than that in NY?

Anyway great bargain OP, thanks for sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Muahahaha wrote: »
    :confused: its quoting $200 for a 7m2 room with shared bathroom down the hall for a random Tuesday night in October :confused:

Welcome to NYC! U can get cheaper accomodation but location wont be as good etc. I usually stay in the new yorker hotel, great location.. but that aint cheap either, ave $240 a night. Got it for $160 a night when I stayed just over a year ago

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Airbnb?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Yeah its a great deal for flights until i checked the accom:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yeah I know Manhattan is pretty pricey for hotels. Think Id be going Airbnb instead

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

Did you even look at the room types? Select an en-suite room.

Two of us stayed there for a week around Paddys day, booked a double ensuite room, came to $900 for 5 days for two people. While its not cheap, your not going to get as good quality at that price in Manhattan. AFAIK AirB&B in Manhattan is limited enough as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

thanks for the headsup, OP. got some thanksgiving flights to NYC for 298 return with Aer Lingus, result. also don't have to pay for hotel cause will be staying with my father-in-law, but may have to help make Thanksgiving dinner!

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Book those flights quick!
    Norwegian have pulled out of transatlantic flights from next month from Ireland!
    AL flight prices will go north now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Airbnb?

Illegal on Manhattan

Caranica wrote: »
    Illegal on Manhattan

Incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I don't know if it's still the case but s few years ago we found hotels to be much cheaper in Jersey city. Just a short trip to Manattan via PATH train.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

I stayed there on the pre-instagram days. The furniture was less colourful...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Certainly beats the €368 to London Aer lingus wanted to charge when I was looking at flights earlier!

Advertisement