Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Superdry eBay Store

• 07-08-2019 12:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

Superdry eBay Store has an extra 20% of most items at the moment for the next two days.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sme/superdrystore/offers.html

Mind you the layout of the online store has changed from last night... :confused:

I put in an order last week without the discount and another last night for a few more bits given the discount :eek: Paid via PayPal €1 = 0.8791 last night if anyone is interested. Also shipped via Parcel Motel for free 'UK' delivery. Many of the items are still current stock and can find them on the Superdry website itself.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,575 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Superdry eBay Store has an extra 20% of most items at the moment for the next two days.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sme/superdrystore/offers.html

Mind you the layout of the online store has changed from last night... :confused:

I put in an order last week without the discount and another last night for a few more bits given the discount :eek: Paid via PayPal €1 = 0.8791 last night if anyone is interested. Also shipped via Parcel Motel for free 'UK' delivery. Many of the items are still current stock and can find them on the Superdry website itself.

That's a shocking bad exchange rate, revolut is about 0.92 currently. Thanks for heads up tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Great ebay store I use quite often as like their stuff but quite pricey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

TheDriver wrote: »
    That's a shocking bad exchange rate, revolut is about 0.92 currently. Thanks for heads up tho

I haven't got into the whole Revolut thing but the benefit of PayPal is the refunded returns.

I sent back a hoodie and t-shirt from my first order yesterday and got notification already that PayPal has refunded me the cost of return. It's swings and roundabouts really!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Register your revolut card with PayPal...

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Register your revolut card with PayPal...

Oh never thought of that - do you then pay in sterling without conversion? I generally let PayPal do the conversion there and then and pay in euro!

• Advertisement

Oh never thought of that - do you then pay in sterling without conversion? I generally let PayPal do the conversion there and then and pay in euro!

The general rule is to never ever pay in euro, let your card issuer do the conversion. Paypal/Amazon etc make a fortune from this. Same as when you go on hols to UK, never take the handy conversion at the ATM/POS.
    Revolut through paypal and pay in sterling is the correct and cheapest solution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,826 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Do you have Revolut referral discount link that I could use? Hoping to open an account there.
    Metal costing 15 euros a month.
    TheDriver wrote: »
    The general rule is to never ever pay in euro, let your card issuer do the conversion. Paypal/Amazon etc make a fortune from this. Same as when you go on hols to UK, never take the handy conversion at the ATM/POS.
    Revolut through paypal and pay in sterling is the correct and cheapest solution.

Do you have Revolut referral discount link that I could use? Hoping to open an account there.
    Metal costing 15 euros a month.

Go into the referral links subforum and there's a few there to get a free card

Just a quick question - got the Revolut all set up and card on the way. Just wondering if I top up the card by say €100 for example and I buy something in sterling/pounds through PayPal or with the card itself do I select 'let my bank do the conversion' and you get commission free exchange rates as quoted in the app?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Just a quick question - got the Revolut all set up and card on the way. Just wondering if I top up the card by say €100 for example and I buy something in sterling/pounds through PayPal or with the card itself do I select 'let my bank do the conversion' and you get commission free exchange rates as quoted in the app?

Yep, choose that option. Always choose that option when using Revolut as it's usually(always in my experience) cheaper to use their rate

• Advertisement

It'd be about 3-4 euro saved per 100. There's stuff on revolut thread about converting money and having a stg wallet when things are better rates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Superdry stuff is good quality and I like the fit but hate they way they insist on plastering their logo over everything. Expect further reductions as they're not doing so well at the moment.

Advertisement