Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eufy Doorbell

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Klopp

I got a Micro SD card and it resolved the issue of thumbmail, should have guessed.

I have played around with the Motion detection and it is very hit and miss. I get alerts when nobody is in the Zone and vise versa. I updated the Doorbell software first day and got a second update yesterday that now includes 'enable human only at night'. The sensor seems to not pick anyone up sometimes unless right on top of doorbell as oppose to at top of the driveway.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Klopp

I looked at back of my Eufy battery doorbell and i don't see the two screws for connecting two wires if you want opt for the hard wire?

Does this mean you need to open the casing to wire :confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Battery doorbell required.
    Is this the correct version, including the hub for local storage and chime play?
    Also, does the hub require permanent wired connection to the router or can it connect over WiFi?

https://www.eufylife.com/uk/products/variant/video-doorbell-2k-batterypowered/E82101W4

€166 delivered on Amazon prime currently too.

Thanks.

Edit - yes it allows WiFi connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭Daith

Gumbo wrote: »
    Battery doorbell required.
    Is this the correct version, including the hub for local storage and chime play?
    Also, does the hub require permanent wired connection to the router or can it connect over WiFi?

https://www.eufylife.com/uk/products/variant/video-doorbell-2k-batterypowered/E82101W4

€166 delivered on Amazon prime currently too.

Thanks.

Edit - yes it allows WiFi connection.

This seems perfect for me. If I want to get it wired, I'd probably need a transformer though, would that be correct?

Daith wrote: »
    This seems perfect for me. If I want to get it wired, I'd probably need a transformer though, would that be correct?

It comes with a plug top transformer if thats any use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

If I am out of the house, will the Eufy doorbell still make noise or give a notification on via google home etc?

Alkers wrote: »
    If I am out of the house, will the Eufy doorbell still make noise or give a notification on via google home etc?

it does via the app.
    seems fairly good too but I'v had a few show if 20 minis late.
    Mine is on a gate so not the best wifi coverage tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

it does via the app.
    seems fairly good too but I'v had a few show if 20 minis late.
    Mine is on a gate so not the best wifi coverage tbh

I mean for the people still at home!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Daveq

Alkers wrote: »

It will via the hub or on anyone elses phone who has the app and is setup. Not via Google Home yet, only works on Echo/Alexa at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Daveq

Klopp wrote: »
    I looked at back of my Eufy battery doorbell and i don't see the two screws for connecting two wires if you want opt for the hard wire?

Does this mean you need to open the casing to wire :confused:

Looks like the bell that comes with the hub and the bell that comes with the chime are different. On the Eufy site it lists the one with the hub as 2k and dual power option. Looks like chime is 1080 and battery only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭TGD

Anyone considering a Ring doorbell should know about this.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-51281476

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭TGD

Anyone got definite info about transformer spec for Eufy wired?

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

Purchased the 2k wireless doorbell, didn't realise they're so easy to steal from their mounts. Seems to be a design flaw on Eufy part...

Advertisement