Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iomega eGo 750GB USB 3.0 Portable HDD PC World

Options
  • 06-01-2011 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Was in PC world Waterford a few days ago and picked up one of these for €89.99 (link is to 500GB version on iomega site .. which doesn't seem to feature the 750gb version, PCW.ie site only has the USB 2.0 version on it). 500GB version in PCW was the same price - as is the USB 2.0 version on the website. They said it had €17 off. 500GB USB 3.0 version seems to be around £60 online but I thought it a good deal for a bricks and mortar store.

Using a USB 3.0 connection there is a noticable (x2 at least) increase in write speeds vs USB 2.0 drives I have. Only downside is that it requires 2 USB ports to fully power it up - even from the USB 3.0 slots which are supposed to offer more power. Maybe I've done something wrong but that's how it is for me. Backward compatible to USB 2.0 too (But obviously not as quick when connected in this manner).

Comments

Advertisement