Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€50 to spend in Brown Thomas...

Options
  • 14-03-2010 4:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

I found a voucher I received as a present from last year worth €50. I'm moving away in 2 months so I don't want to buy clothes/shoes.

Can someone recommend me some good makeup to buy? I don't want a foundation as it probably won't match my skin colour in a few months. Don't know if this helps or not but, I have natural medium brown hair but it's highlighted blonde at the moment. Blue/green eyes and kinda pale skin, although I tan very easily so I'll probably be tanned in a few months. Skin is slightly dry.

If you had €50 to spend what you buy?

Looking forward to some suggestions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

Personally, if I had €50 for BT's I would head straight to MAC and buy one of their quad eyeshadow holders and pick out 4 different eye shadows to fill it.
    Mac's eye shadow palettes are magnetic, so you can choose from a number of different shadows to fill it with and change the contents as often as you like.
    The shadows that fit in it are called 'pans' they are basically the eye shadow without the plastic packaging, and cost approx €11 per pan. I think the quad holder is about €8, but €50 should be enough to get the holder & 4 shadows.
    They also do a 15 shadow palette in case you get addicted!

MAC shadows are of great quality and 4 custom picked colours is a great addition to any make up bag - the palette is small too so good for traveling.
    Have a look here for more information: http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/custom_palette.tmpl

Or, if you have a special event/night out coming up, what you could do is book a make up appointment with a counter of your choice, it usually takes an hour and the artist can recommend products especially for your skin/look.
    MAC costs €40, think most others e.g. Benefit & Chanel are €25 - this fee is redeemable against purchases, so you get your make up done and get products too!

BT's also stock Nails Inc nail polishes, they are good quality polishes and amazing colours - sometimes they have promos where you pick say 5 polishes for €30 etc.

If you would prefer something to do with skincare, maybe check out Clinique or Bobbi Brown, Clinique are meant to have very good face creams and Bobbi Brown have very good cleansing oils and balms. HTH!

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

I'd go for Mac brushes, they are an investment really

• Registered Users Posts: 14,415 ✭✭✭✭cson

One sock and put a deposit down for the other one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Limerickgal82

I would get MAC products or Benefit :D There both very good brands and tend to work on all skin types :) Happy shopping :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Tip the doorman on the way in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I'd second the MAC brushes idea - they are a great investment! Plus you'll use it all up on one or two brushes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

Are MAC really that much better than cheaper brands? The prices in B-T (which in the past I've paid) can be really extortionate...:)and if so can some explain why?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

Thanks for the suggestions. Most people were helpful...

I was thinking about Mac as I don't have a lot of their stuff. I do have a few of their eyeshadows though so might skip the palette idea (although it's a great one!)

I should list what I already have I guess to make it easier.
    Went on a shopping spree in Sephora at Christmas so I have a lot of Benefit stuff including their primer, high/moon beam, eye brightener and base eyeshadow.
    I also have a new mascara and a decent foundation and powder.

I have a liquid eyeliner but I'd buy a new one if there was a really good one. I bought a brand new set of brushes from Body Shop and Sephora so I don't know what one I'd get from MAC.

Any other ideas for make-up only? Anything essential that I don't have listed for perfect make-up? There's no nail polish in the Galway shop so can't buy any of that. Besides, I love OPI and I buy that online for cheaper!

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

The gel eye liners that mac do are lovely and very easy to apply. Also the mineralise skinfinish powders are gorgeous. You should just go in on a quiet day and have a play around with the stuff. Personally i could never have enough of their shadows!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

MAC mascara & foundation are also an idea.
    I got both for christmas & they do last for absolutely ages :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement