Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Armpit to armpit" clothing sizes! help!

• 28-03-2009 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to understand "armpit to armpit" clothing sizes?

I want to get a rugby jersey from Australia for a mate and its says the following on the website:

SIZE: NOTE: I think these have been tagged wrong as it says 3XL PLAYERS FIT, i believe its more of a Large,XL PLEASE GO OFF THE ARMPIT MEASUREMENT
    armpit to armpit measures = 56cms

Anyone know what size this really is in Ireland or at least can point me in the right direction. Its a polyester jersey so the material is tight fitting.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Not being smart but would probably be best to email the site and ask them what exactly they mean.
    I've never heard of this measurement :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

bnagrrl wrote: »
    Not being smart but would probably be best to email the site and ask them what exactly they mean.
    I've never heard of this measurement :confused:

Thanks, Yep I did that. Just waiting on a response. I "goggled" the measurments and is it used although not commonly over this side of the world anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I'd imagine it's measured armpit to armpit.

Sorry, couldn't resist. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

some jerseys are designed with regular folk in mind (regular shape etc), some are designed with ultra fit folk in mind(big shoulders, barrell chested, slim waist etc). saying that i'm not sure how those sizes translate

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

I'd imagine it's measured armpit to armpit.

Lol its all making sense now ;)
    longshanks wrote: »
    some jerseys are designed with regular folk in mind (regular shape etc), some are designed with ultra fit folk in mind(big shoulders, barrell chested, slim waist etc). saying that i'm not sure how those sizes translate

Ye true I think this thread was a bit of a longshot to be honest.
    Ill wait for the guy to get back to me. thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

with rugby jearsys, Its the Players style jearsy. as in you wouldnt want to have a gut while wearing it. Its skin tight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I think it might be a measurment that you take from another garment rather then from your body. Measure a jersey that fits you. Lay it flat and go from seam to seam from armpit to armpit and see how close it gets to the quoted measurment.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Advertisement